Silent Hill 2 Remake and Playable Concept Sakura Leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
New images have surfaced of a Silent Hill playable concept, described as a pitch to produce a new silent hill, as well as for a remake of Silent Hill 2 featuring what seems to be a behind the shoulder camera angle.

Silent Hill Playable Concept - Sakura

c6yXKWN.jpeg

kHgzdBO.png

xTJa44x.png

Silent Hill 2 Remake

pkpmh9c.png

NABw9Mo.png

orcd6K1.png

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Hoping it's good.

It gets me very excited at the prospect of a MGS game, even a remake.

24 Jun 2022
So apparently that Project Sakura demo was supposed to have came out last year, but I'm guessing COVID and maybe some other things impacted that and prevented it from happening. Makes me a bit curious if the Annapurna game is still slated for 2023 or if that's been delayed to 2024, but hopefully it's still 2023.

And it'll be PS console-exclusive for at least year, but I'm guessing since Sony has right of first refusal in extending those terms, if it hits really well and they see a chance to build Silent Hill as a cornerstone survival horror IP again associated with their brand, they'll just keep FF VII Remake-ing that contract multiple times. Most interested in the SH5 game though, since that's going to be a completely new story.

Also great move to get as much of Team Silent members involved in these games as possible. They already have Masahiro Ito involved, I hope others will join him. Team Silent really understood the spirit of the series better than anyone else, so having them there while acting as guides for Bloober Team (who aren't slouches themselves, at least in the style of horror games they do, though they could benefit from a tightening up of their craft) is probably the best outcome.

Reactions: Ezekiel
OP
OP
Satoru

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
So apparently that Project Sakura demo was supposed to have came out last year, but I'm guessing COVID and maybe some other things impacted that and prevented it from happening. Makes me a bit curious if the Annapurna game is still slated for 2023 or if that's been delayed to 2024, but hopefully it's still 2023.

And it'll be PS console-exclusive for at least year, but I'm guessing since Sony has right of first refusal in extending those terms, if it hits really well and they see a chance to build Silent Hill as a cornerstone survival horror IP again associated with their brand, they'll just keep FF VII Remake-ing that contract multiple times. Most interested in the SH5 game though, since that's going to be a completely new story.

Also great move to get as much of Team Silent members involved in these games as possible. They already have Masahiro Ito involved, I hope others will join him. Team Silent really understood the spirit of the series better than anyone else, so having them there while acting as guides for Bloober Team (who aren't slouches themselves, at least in the style of horror games they do, though they could benefit from a tightening up of their craft) is probably the best outcome.

Silent Hill games without Team Silent = Not Silent Hill.

That said, Project Sakura seems like a very interesting project and I'd love to see it spun into its own thing. From the concept alone, it doesn't seem to fit the Silent Hill bill.

24 Jun 2022
Per the leaks, no.

Project Sakura is a pitch for a SH game. Then you have three separate projects: SH5, SH episodic by Annapurna and SH2 Remake.

So Project Sakura's basically a Silent Hills type of thing? Cool; that might mean there are four games or Project Sakura has elements adapted to the other three but isn't a game in and of itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.