Silent Hill 2 sold 1 million copies worldwide

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
We could debate all night about the eternal fight between RE1 vs Silent Hill 2. They are both legendary titles but Silent Hill 2 was always the most respected, psychological horror masterpiece.

Music, themes, characters, pyramid head, the sirens, fog, dread, horror. Everything about it is ICONIC. Now redone with better camera, gameplay and combat. No need to downplay it because it's PS-exclusive 😒

Resident Evil is more like a B movie (and I love it too, don't get me wrong).
Silent Hill is literally inspired by resident evil. Silent hill was made in response to resident evil. It also seems like they revied Silent hill for a remake because of the resident evil remakes doing crazy good. They even remade 2 first just like resident evil did 2 first lol. It came back full circle. Resident evil brought survival horror to the mainstream. You could even say Reisdent Evil started the survival horror gaming genre. Silent hill 2 was always the most respected psychological horror masterpiece? By who? You? lol. Resident evil is better reviewed, more influential, more popular, sells way more etc. Silent Hill is good but it's not up there with resident evil. Probably will never be. Silent Hill is just a cult classic.

Last edited:
  • haha
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
We could debate all night about the eternal fight between RE1 vs Silent Hill 2. They are both legendary titles but Silent Hill 2 was always the most respected, psychological horror masterpiece.

Music, themes, characters, pyramid head, the sirens, fog, dread, horror. Everything about it is ICONIC. Now redone with better camera, gameplay and combat. No need to downplay it because it's PS-exclusive 😒

Resident Evil is more like a B movie (and I love it too, don't get me wrong).
Yes the original silent hill 2 is so respected they made james look more like leon from resident evil in the remake lol.

Come on, quit trying to console war because SH2 is a PS5 console exclusive.

The OG RE4 scored a 96 on metacritic on both GameCube and PS2 and still scored over a 90 two years later when it came to Wii. Sony only has one game in its history that scored above RE4 on Gamecube and that was Uncharted 2. A series that wouldnt of existed as it did if not for RE4 influence on the industry.

Now that all said. This is about sales not about how one feels about the game so even if you think SH2 is better than RE which is a fair opinion, We will see what this games does in the long run. I think SH2 remake could do 10 million in the next 6 or so years and outsell every other game we know of but there is no denying the franchise was handicapped in sales for the past 25 years. RE4 original outsold every Silent Hill game from 1999 to 2018. That is 19 years of silent hill and it has been 19 years of Resident Evil 4 existing.

• thinking_hard

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Yes the original silent hill 2 is so respected they made james look more like leon from resident evil in the remake lol.

Come on, quit trying to console war because SH2 is a PS5 console exclusive.

The OG RE4 scored a 96 on metacritic on both GameCube and PS2 and still scored over a 90 two years later when it came to Wii. Sony only has one game in its history that scored above RE4 on Gamecube and that was Uncharted 2. A series that wouldnt of existed as it did if not for RE4 influence on the industry.

Now that all said. This is about sales not about how one feels about the game so even if you think SH2 is better than RE which is a fair opinion, We will see what this games does in the long run. I think SH2 remake could do 10 million in the next 6 or so years and outsell every other game we know of but there is no denying the franchise was handicapped in sales for the past 25 years. RE4 original outsold every Silent Hill game from 1999 to 2018. That is 19 years of silent hill and it has been 19 years of Resident Evil 4 existing.
Silent Hill 2 came out 4 years before RE4. I don't even know why you bring it up? It wasn't part of the conversation. All this rambling was not necessary, I wasn't trashing your precious game.

• haha
Reactions: Infinity

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
Silent Hill 2 came out 4 years before RE4. I don't even know why you bring it up? It wasn't part of the conversation. All this rambling was not necessary, I wasn't trashing your precious game.
Without Resident evil, Silent Hill wouldn't exist. You may think its better then resident evil, but most people will say resident evil is better. Also Resident Evil 2 remake> Silent hill 2 remake. By a country mile.

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
you brought up RE4 remake and the other 2 re remakes into the conversation when talking about Silent Hill 2 remakes sales. Then changed the subject from sales to impact which is why I brought up RE4. Silent Hill 2 doesn't have anywhere near the impact RE4 did. I was just pointing out how Sony' s biggest games have been impacted by RE4:

Don't worry I'm not trashing your precious PS5 exclusive even tho it is on PC as well. Just pointing out that Silent Hill 2 remakes sell may reach up to 10 million in 6 years but it's hard to say seeing as how the whole franchise as of 2018 sold less than 10 million.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
you brought up RE4 remake and the other 2 re remakes into the conversation when talking about Silent Hill 2 remakes sales. Then changed the subject from sales to impact which is why I brought up RE4. Silent Hill 2 doesn't have anywhere near the impact RE4 did. I was just pointing out how Sony' s biggest games have been impacted by RE4:

Don't worry I'm not trashing your precious PS5 exclusive even tho it is on PC as well. Just pointing out that Silent Hill 2 remakes sell may reach up to 10 million in 6 years but it's hard to say seeing as how the whole franchise as of 2018 sold less than 10 million.
This is sad. You're fighting by yourself.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Lersds

Kokoloko

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Great stuff. 2 Million should be easy.
I have a feeling Konami heads are happy with these numbers and it didnt take too long to make

Now for the SH1. Full efforts

• Shake

daniel5043

Veteran
19 Jan 2023
spooky season is almost over lol. Once Halloween passes its over. Dead Space remake and Calisito protocol sold 2 million and their bosses said thats not enough for another remake or sequel. Hopefully Silent hill 2 remake didnt cost that much to make.
Don't forget Calisto and dead space was both made by much more expensive American studios instead of bloober which is relatively cheap

Reactions: Kokoloko

All Might

10 Jul 2024
Silent Hill is literally inspired by resident evil. Silent hill was made in response to resident evil.
How does this matter? SH2 was always the better horror game, with Resi 2 being the more well known and genre defining. Just because Black Sabbath invented metal doesn't mean Iron Maiden can't be better.

Not gonna comment on the rest of your toilet paper roll because your woke brain is already rotten enough.

• fire

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
How does this matter? SH2 was always the better horror game, with Resi 2 being the more well known and genre defining. Just because Black Sabbath invented metal doesn't mean Iron Maiden can't be better.

Not gonna comment on the rest of your toilet paper roll because your woke brain is already rotten enough.
Silent Hill 2 was the kind of game you study in school. Endless debates about what it means, the imagery and the themes. Now it's just some small niche game? Where were these people the last 25 years???

I don't even deny Resident Evil popularity and influence on the medium. Incredible franchise too. I didn't know Silent Hill was such a sensitive topic with RE fans.

All I said was RE4 came out in March and that was enough to send the other guy into a frenzy with a big knife trying to gouge out my eyes 😬

The fuck 😬

Vine Ok GIF

Now for the SH1. Full efforts
Pointless. Do SH3 or full new game.

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023

SH2 being the better horror game is your opinion. Most people will say resident evil is better. Just how it is. How am i woke? You're just rambling at this point.

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
Silent Hill 2 was the kind of game you study in school. Endless debates about what it means, the imagery and the themes. Now it's just some small niche game? Where were these people the last 25 years???

I don't even deny Resident Evil popularity and influence on the medium. Incredible franchise too. I didn't know Silent Hill was such a sensitive topic with RE fans.

All I said was RE4 came out in March and that was enough to send the other guy into a frenzy with a big knife trying to gouge out my eyes 😬

The fuck 😬

Vine Ok GIF

Pointless. Do SH3 or full new game.
silent hill is a niche cult classic. Deal with it lol. You said it was a big ip🤭

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
Great news despite all the people rooting for it's demise.

and in small text in the left corner ''as of 10-11-24''. So they done it in 3 days, game will have legs especially considering this came out same day as Sparking Zero and between other good rated/selling titles. Pretty certain it will continue to do well during the holidays since a lot of people were stand offish about it, I got my copy in shrink wrap waiting for the Pro.

YeezyDude

Veteran
17 Jun 2024
Denmark
  • Shake
Reactions: Kokoloko