So, I reserved a Steam Deck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
There's not much to know, it plays games LOL. When you get into the emulation stuff I'm sure you'll have a couple questions.

Oogabooga

16 Jul 2022
Press X to jump
You need to hold the device by your hands to be able to use it

D

Deleted member 13

Enjoy the best hardware of 2022. It's amazing and you get to play game at MAX settings with resolution down to 800p and setting to 30FPS. In many ways, it's better than the high-end consoles since it can run max settings like a PC can. Of course your mileage will vary depending on the game.. but I've had great success with the unit so far.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
It looks soo big. Whilst I could imagine Steam Deck around the house, I wouldn't use it on the train or bus.

Currently pinning my hopes on the GPD Win4

Sharinghack

21 Jun 2022
Lisbon, Portugal
www.pushvfx.com
It's really not that big
Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

• fire
Reactions: PropellerEar

PropellerEar

Veteran
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Enjoy the best hardware of 2022. It's amazing and you get to play game at MAX settings with resolution down to 800p and setting to 30FPS. In many ways, it's better than the high-end consoles since it can run max settings like a PC can. Of course your mileage will vary depending on the game.. but I've had great success with the unit so far.
Laugh Reaction GIF by GIPHY News

Totally laughable opinion

D

Deleted member 13

Laugh Reaction GIF by GIPHY News

Totally laughable opinion
I can run every PS port to PC with higher settings than the PS5 version (800p/30FPS). And other than Spiderman's RT reflections, I can also run it at higher settings than the PS5 version.

D

Deleted member 13

Can you enumerate what higher settings than the PS5 you're running?
Which game? Anisotropic setttings are always at 16x which gives better texture detail with all the games. The other ones are based on the DF reviews of where the graphics settings are labeled as "PS default" or something like that. The main ones I use are texture detail (always on max) and ambient occlusion (HBAO) type and LOD distance geometry.

Status
Not open for further replies.