So What's Stopping Sony/From software fram making Bloodborne 2?

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
The game sold 7.5 million, with how popular Elden ring was, I imagine Bloodborne would easily move 15 million lifetime sales.

Why have we not gotten a sequel or atheist a ps5 version with the DLC?

OR EVEN A REMAKE?

Bloodborne is easily one of the greatest games of ALL TIME.

Reactions: Diah

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
Whats stopping sony from making bloodborne 2?

Jimbo

Tasking studios to make gaas/ dedicated online game

Bloodborne 7,5 m is great i think it sold more than the recent gears of war game on xbox

Not bad for a niche ip

Bluepoint studios are the one in charge to make bloodborne 2 but i havent heard any updates since 2021

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
The game sold 7.5 million, with how popular Elden ring was, I imagine Bloodborne would easily move 15 million lifetime sales.

Why have we not gotten a sequel or atheist a ps5 version with the DLC?

OR EVEN A REMAKE?

Bloodborne is easily one of the greatest games of ALL TIME.
Time and resources From has available. They have only 300 development staff and they probably had projects lined up well before bloodborne even shipped. So they could just shift into a bb two whenever they wanted. Bandai wanted DS3, From wanted to work on Elden, Ring Sekiro and Armed core. Also after 2020 Sony didn’t have Japan studio anymore to help out on bb2. Supposedly they are work on a game for Sony now which is supposed to be either a spiritual successor to bb or something entirely different.

Also Sony tried giving bloodbourne to virtuoso to remasters but they botched it and Sony wasn’t happy with the way they botched the horizon zero dawn pc port so they pulled the game. If From is going to do it and Blue Point isn’t Sonys next best bet would be neowiz who Sony was rumored to want to invest in or strike a publishing deal with.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
From is extremely busy since Bloodborne came out. It's not as easy as you think to get something out fast.

Miyazaki: Sony wants Bloodborne 2? Here it is

Happy Merry Christmas GIF by Lifetime

Same as Days Gone. The fans want Days Gone 2 but Bend decided to do something else. Who's gonna make it?

Last edited:

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I think Sony doesn't force developers to do projects they don't want to, from everything we know the studio leads pitch a project to sony hq. I bet no one pitched BB2. But imo they should hire Bluepoint up to be a premier studio and have the new hires work on BB remake like Naughty Dog has its new hires work on the TLoU remake projects

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
At this point I believe Fromsoft is no longer interested. Elden Ring is a mega succes. They just stick to their own IPs and drop all sort of 3rd party publishers. Why go back to Bloodborne where most of the revenue goes to Sony.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Well sometimes Playstation and most video games studios dont do the smartest thing.

The smart move would of been to buy Fromsoft. They havent.

Lets see if they are smart enough to pay him for another exclusive, Bloodborne 2 or a new Ip would be great and theres no excuses why the partnership wouldnt happen

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Elden Ring reaching Skyrim and Zelda status. Too huge of a success to bother revisiting similar game series.

I prefer Bloodborne but am fully prepared to never see a proper sequel from FROM. Sony may have missed that boat. Although the right deal could always make it happen.

I think Sony will make it internally but … eh that doesn’t count. I’d just rather buy the next FROM game over that.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I think Sony will make it internally but … eh that doesn’t count. I’d just rather buy the next FROM game over that.
Doesn't count why? If anything, it would run better and have better production value. Demons Souls on PS5 shits all over Elden Ring performance and production value wise.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
They might not want to do it, it doesn't really make financial sense when they can work on IPs like Elden Ring and Sony might not be interested.

Sony fucked up by not acquiring From Software when they were dirt cheap, is something I'll never understand given that they had made Demon's Souls and Dark Souls already and were about to release Bloodborne, it's an absurd lack of vision from Sony leadership at the time.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Doesn't count why? If anything, it would run better and have better production value. Demons Souls on PS5 shits all over Elden Ring performance and production value wise.

What? It’s someone else’s game. Demons Souls isn’t some original work. It’s someone else’s game copy, pasted and remastered.

Bloodborne 2 not made by Miyazaki and/or From is not a proper sequel. You need Miyazaki. Creators over IPs.

There is nothing to suggest Sony has the internal devs needed to make a souls game. Blue point is a cover band studio at this point until they prove otherwise.

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
What? It’s someone else’s game. Demon’s Soul isn’t some original work. It’s someone else’s game copy, pasted and remastered.

Bloodborne 2 not made by Miyazaki and/or From is not a proper sequel. You need Miyazaki. Creators over IPs.
Demon's Souls is a literal remake, not a remaster. It improves on pretty much everything the original game had to offer, and is more stable and performant than any of the Souls games to this day.

Also, Miyazaki did not direct Dark Souls 2, and yet that game was better reviewed than both Demons' Souls, Dark Souls, and Dark Souls 3.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
It improves on surface level stuff. The gameplay and level design, art direction, setting, boss designs and encounters… that’s all FROM. Someone’s ability to rip that out of one game and put it into another is not enough to claim they can make a sequel to it. No friggin way.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Demon's Souls is a literal remake, not a remaster. It improves on pretty much everything the original game had to offer, and is more stable and performant than any of the Souls games to this day.

Also, Miyazaki did not direct Dark Souls 2, and yet that game was better reviewed than both Demons' Souls, Dark Souls, and Dark Souls 3.
Dark Souls 2 stinks, I'll replay DS1 and DS3 a thousand times before I ever come back to DS2.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Systemshock2023

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
I always find it funny how this individualistic rockstar like worship of game creators applies specifically to Japanese ones, a society that values the collective over the individual.

Maybe it's that just western folks have that hard on japanese game directors?

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: pop

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
It improves on surface level stuff. The gameplay and level design, art direction, setting, boss designs and encounters… that’s all FROM. Someone’s ability to rip that out of one game and put it into another is not enough to claim they can make a sequel to it. No friggin way.
None of that addresses what I said.

Demons Souls > Any Souls game in terms of performance, stability, and graphics. You can spin this any way you want.

Also, convenient that you ignored this:

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
None of that addresses what I said.

Demons Souls > Any Souls game in terms of performance, stability, and graphics. You can spin this any way you want.

Also, convenient that you ignored this:

“performance is better” … I didn’t address it because who gives a shit. That was their only job… to modernize someone else’s game.

I’m well aware DS2 wasn’t directed by Miyazaki. It’s the game fans are most divided on. Not the best example. I played the fuck out of scholar of first sin but DS2 is usually shit on.

It would be fine if Miyazaki only served as producer and still developed at from. I mentioned above Miyazaki and/or Fromsoft. Bloodborne 2 by any other studio would only be a sequel in name.