So What's Stopping Sony/From software fram making Bloodborne 2?

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
“performance is better” … I didn’t address it because who gives a shit. That was their only job… to modernize someone else’s game.
Nobody gives a shit about performance? Amazing.

I’m well aware DS2 wasn’t directed by Miyazaki. It’s the game fans are most divided on. Not the best example. I played the fuck out of scholar of first sin but DS2 is usually shit on.
Best reviewed Souls series game (including Demon's Souls on PS3).

It would be fine if Miyazaki only served as producer and still developed at from. I mentioned above Miyazaki and/or Fromsoft. Bloodborne 2 by any other studio would only be a sequel in name.
A producer role is quite often a courtesy credit. What you're trying to say is "I would only enjoy the game if this person / company is on the credits", regardless of their contribution.

Reactions: Diah

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Bloodborne sequel without From Software is in extreme poor taste and has close to no chance of not being a disaster.

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
Bloodborne sequel without From Software is in extreme poor taste and has close to no chance of not being a disaster.
From isnt doing bloodborne 2

Se either we get bloodborne 2 from bluepoint or theres nothing at all

But hey look at the bright side we got bloodborne 2 with demon souls remake graphics

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
From isnt doing bloodborne 2

Se either we get bloodborne 2 from bluepoint or theres nothing at all

But hey look at the bright side we got bloodborne 2 with demon souls remake graphics
Nothing at all it is then, I'm fine with that. All I need is a remaster.

I like From Software games not clones of them. I want the real thing. Bluepoint never even made an original game, they should start with something else.

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
Nothing at all it is then, I'm fine with that. All I need is a remaster.

I like From Software games not clones of them. I want the real thing. Bluepoint never even made an original game, they should start with something else.
Have to disagree on this

I want to see bluepoint cook their own game

From isnt the only studio capable of making great soulsborne game

Check Ni Oh and Lies of P

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Check Ni Oh and Lies of P
No thanks. I'm good, I get my From Software type games from From Software.

Miyazaki games is what I'm after specifically.

You proposal is like telling a Tarantino fan you have some Tarantino-like movies that they should try, it misses the point.

Last edited:

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
No thanks. I'm good, I get my From Software type games from From Software.

Miyazaki games is what I'm after specifically.

You proposal is like telling a Tarantino fan you have some Tarantino-like movies that they should try, it misses the point.
Theres nothing tarantino-esque about making dark fantasy rpg and it isnt a genre specifically can only be made by fromsoftware

Seriously dude youre missing out not trying ni oh and lies of p

Reactions: anonpuffs

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Theres nothing tarantino-esque about making dark fantasy rpg and it isnt a genre specifically can only be made by fromsoftware

There is, Miyazaki completely changed storytelling in games and clearly has a very unique style. I moved on from liking From Software games just because of gameplay long ago.

Everytime I tried a Soulslike game so far is sucked, didn't have the same feel and I'm done with them. The only ones that worked were the ones that are far removed enough to be their own thing like the Star Wars game.

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022

The only thing that's From Software specific is managing to release a game with graphics 1 generation behind, the same gameplay loop established in 2009, shitty performance, and have people simping for you. Only a few developers / publishers manage that.

• haha
Reactions: Diah and Airbus

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
There is, Miyazaki completely changed storytelling in games and clearly has a very unique style. I moved on from liking From Software games just because of gameplay long ago.

Everytime I tried a Soulslike games so far is sucked and I'm done with them.
In so many cases theres lot of examples where the individual behind a videogame fell behind, stagnating or probably move over from the great franchise they do

Like david jaffe with god of war, shinji mikami with resident evil, cliff blezinski with gears of war, hideo kojima with metal gear solid, john carmack with doom etc

Im not saying miyazaki is going to follow the same path ( aka his future game going to be bad) but who knows what happened in the future cos at the end of the day theyre just mortals and we shouldnt be treating them like gods

What im sayin is if miyazaki went out there will always be other options out there

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
The only thing that's From Software specific is managing to release a game with graphics 1 generation behind, the same gameplay loop established in 2009, shitty performance, and have people simping for you. Only a few developers / publishers manage that.
When you don't get it, you just don't get it.

In so many cases theres lot of examples where the individual behind a videogame fell behind, stagnating or probably move over from the great franchise they do

Like david jaffe with god of war, shinji mikami with resident evil, cliff blezinski with gears of war, hideo kojima with metal gear solid, john carmack with doom etc

Im not saying miyazaki is going to follow the same path ( aka his future game going to be bad) but who knows what happened in the future as theyre just a mortals and we should treating them like gods

What im sayin is if miyazaki went out there will always be other options out there
Miazaki and From Software to me are more comparable to MGS without Kojima or TLoU without ND.

I never even saw a single frame of that MGS game Konami tried to make without Kojima, I just don't care.

If Bloodborne 2 ever happens without him we'll see.

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
When you don't get it, you just don't get it.
I get that some developers get a free pass despite releasing subpar stuff. Elden Ring, if released by any other developer not named From Software, CDPR, or Nintendo, would have scored in the 80s.

Miazaki and From Software to me are more comparable to MGS without Kojima or TLoU without ND.
Portable Ops was great, I played the fuck out of it. Rising was also fantastic.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
I get that some developers get a free pass despite releasing subpar stuff. Elden Ring, if released by any other developer not named From Software, CDPR, or Nintendo, would have scored in the 80s.
Sad that it makes you so mad. As I said you don't get, you are like they guys that get mad over all the Kojima praise, it's the same with From Software/Miyazaki, it's just not for you apparently, that's ok. Btw, do you even like Bloodborne?

Portable Ops was great, I played the fuck out of it. Rising was also fantastic.
I didn't care for either.

I'm against it... They would be tempted to port to pc and I'd rather it stay fully exclusive to PS4 and 5
I's take a PC port if that's what it take to get a Bloodborne remaster, as sad as it is.

Reactions: Bryank75

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
Sad that it makes you so mad. As I said you don't get, you are like they guys that get mad over all the Kojima praise, it's the same with From Software/Miyazaki, it's just not for you apparently, that's ok. Btw, do you even like Bloodborne?
I really enjoy Kojima's games, and I own Bloodborne with a Steelbook. Played a handful of hours, not my favourite game of all time, but IMO it's a great game, just not for me.

I didn't care for either.
Did you try to play them?

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Did you try to play them?
Yes, but didn't get very far in either to get a proper opinion, just dropped both early on. I think I still have the PS3 disk of Metal Gear Rising. I intent to play it again one day since I never got into any Platinum game and people talk so much about them.

Anyway Kojima still had a hand overseen those games no? If we had From Software overseeing a Bloodborne 2 and Miyazaki consulting/supervising I would probably be ok with it.

Last edited:

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
That's not true at all lol. From are masters of level design and gothic horror architecture, they have art design nailed down. The atmosphere in their games is unmatched. That said all of your criticisms are warranted and I wish they would collaborate with a more technically skilled team bc their engine coders fucking suck

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
That's not true at all lol. From are masters of level design and gothic horror architecture, they have art design nailed down. The atmosphere in their games is unmatched. That said all of your criticisms are warranted and I wish they would collaborate with a more technically skilled team bc their engine coders fucking suck
Graphics =/= art design. Some games have both, and from software games are for sure not graphics demonstrations.

Elden Ring maxed out on PC

HZD maxed out on PC

No point in comparing with other modern presentations.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
The game sold 7.5 million, with how popular Elden ring was, I imagine Bloodborne would easily move 15 million lifetime sales.

Why have we not gotten a sequel or atheist a ps5 version with the DLC?

OR EVEN A REMAKE?

Bloodborne is easily one of the greatest games of ALL TIME.
Maybe From Soft prefered to make Elden Ring or Armored Core VI instead -or before- Bloodborne 2. Or already had them signed from many years before.