Someone upscaled the Starfield Release Date Trailer

D

Deleted member 417

It's looking more and more likely that there is only shooting in this game.

If that's true i will be disappointed. You can't really call it an RPG and just have one class in there. Even Fallout had melee weapons.

D

Deleted member 417

But this is an RPG in SPAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!
If it's just guns, and guns based on basic ballistic munitions (if i have the phrase correct) then that seems lazy, does it not? Phasers, lasers and blasters i can get behind. Travelling 1000 light years to fire .50 cal rounds at an alien...strange.

Even outer worlds, set in space, had melee weapons. I guess we will wait and see what happens in June. Skyrim/fallout in space would be great, Call of Duty in space would be shit.

Not to knock the game. I am fully looking forward to playing it and all jokes aside the mods and fixes will be great. Skyrim was good, modded skyrim anniversary edition was excellent.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
If it's just guns, and guns based on basic ballistic munitions (if i have the phrase correct) then that seems lazy, does it not? Phasers, lasers and blasters i can get behind. Travelling 1000 light years to fire .50 cal rounds at an alien...strange.

Even outer worlds, set in space, had melee weapons. I guess we will wait and see what happens in June. Skyrim/fallout in space would be great, Call of Duty in space would be shit.

Not to knock the game. I am fully looking forward to playing it and all jokes aside the mods and fixes will be great. Skyrim was good, modded skyrim anniversary edition was excellent.
Bethesda is nothing if not lazy.

24 Jun 2022
I thought the fracepacing had improved; thanks to this footage I can now confirm it hasn't. At least, not for panoramic shots. It still looks like it feels "choppy" with the way the camera pans.

Also I'm not necessarily sure if this is due to it being a non-direct feed, maybe it's just due to the fact it's recording footage playing on a television, but the ghosting in some of the parts near the end is bad, and makes for somewhat blurry IQ. Again, this probably won't be the case in the actual game or with direct feed footage, but it makes me think of handheld camcorder DSP days 🤢.

Seems the AAA version of No Man's Sky, which is a good idea.

No Man's Sky looks and runs better than this.

Reactions: Deleted member 417

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
It feels similar to mass effect from that short video.

So far it looks good but I haven’t played any of Bethesda’s games so can’t say for sure.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
It feels similar to mass effect from that short video.

So far it looks good but I haven’t played any of Bethesda’s games so can’t say for sure.
Bethesda gameplay is dog shit. Their graphics are dog shit. The writing is dog shit.

It is a mystery how they ever came to be regarded as a great developer.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: arvfab