Songs with deep meaning to you...

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Some music has a deep and almost spiritual effect to it....

I am going to post a few songs that do this for me and I'd like you to respond with some that do the same for you.

No need to explain, just listen and experience and I will listen to yours.

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Great picks OP

Pretty self explained by the title (Peter Gabriel - I Grieve) :

This one is more abstract.
On the surface, the lyrics make it sound meaningless.
But the beauty of it, in my sense, is that, in fact, cuts deeper and plays to the absurdity of existence.
(Québec band, acoustic version, Les Trois Accords - Les dauphins et les licornes) :

OP
OP
Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Great picks OP

Pretty self explained by the title (Peter Gabriel - I Grieve) :

This one is more abstract.
On the surface, the lyrics make it sound meaningless.
But the beauty of it, in my sense, is that, in fact, cuts deeper and plays to the absurdity of existence.
(Québec band, acoustic version, Les Trois Accords - Les dauphins et les licornes) :

My French isn't good but I found both very moving, always loved Peter Gabriel but hadn't heard that song of his.

two songs I will definitely listen to a lot more!

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
My username is from a Lana Del Rey song. I didn't like the song at first (I would skip it) but then one day I started listening to the lyrics and I became obsessed with it. I would listen to it on repeat all day.

Lana Del Rey plays a stripper in the video so there is some eye candy for all you horny dudes 🤪

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
This thread is lacking some metal. But I'll leave something light, something that reminds me of a friend I lost to depression a few years ago. May she be in a better place ❤️

Reactions: Deleted member 38

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
When I was about 19, that's a million years ago btw, i had a girl that used to spend the night at my place, this song reminds me of her.

Used to love this group.

This song reminds me of a best friend who died when i was about 21, i try to avoid it now days, to many sad memories

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Not many of you would be familiar, but I'd introduce some Pakistani music here. The music is always good, but the lyrics almost always take the cake. Pakistani songs -- even the modern, gen-z songs -- are always spiritual and lyrically powerful.

Some examples. All songs have proper translations (turn on cc):

1. Ye Dunya (genre: Rock + rap. Focuses on moving on and leaving your mark on the world)

2. Tu Jhoom (genre: Sufi. It's about being carefree, swaying, and dancing.)

3. Bol Hu (genre: Sufi Rock. About being carefree and creating your own small world for yourself.) Watch an 8-year-old ripping "professional singers" a new one in this one.

D

Deleted member 51

Damn, you picked 3 of my all time favorites there....

Gonna add a song to my previous post.

Haha that's awesome bro! I knew we had more things in common! I love older music, as the new stuff now a days is absolute trash 🗑️.

balrogboy

Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Hits so hard to the point where I refuse to listen to it if not at the right place and time.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022

Edit: couldn't be arsed typing a paragraph on phone in bath earlier. on proper keyboard now.

Bittersweet song for me, it feels like no one sees the true depth of my struggle with breakup from ex-fiance, somewhat simillar to Benoit's mental health struggles following Eddie's death. Though I wouldn't do the first part of what you think of when you think Benoit, the second part sometimes doesn't seem so far away sometimes.

Last edited: