Sony 2024: Where are the Games?

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
Naughty Dog has yet another Remaster of Last of Us (we now have more remasters than orginal games)

Wolverine may not come in 2024?

There's Rise of The Ronin which looks like a low budget Ghost of Tsushima

So what does Sony have planned for 2024? It’s time literally any studio under Sony’s umbrella other than Insomniac provide a meaningful update.

Hopefully we get something at the Game Awards
More crying over nothing!
Rise of Ronin
Stellar Blade
Hell Divers2
Rebirth
Concord
Lost Soul Aside
Convallaria
Pacific Drive
Granblue
Last of us part 2 remaster
Silent Hill 2
Some of u just better sell your ps5s and get an Xbox. Clearly ps isn’t producing enough to make u happy and doesn’t have enough exclusive content to satisfy you. They keep saying they will talk about and show games when they are ready. They could drop a blog post tomorrow detailing all the games for the next 5 yrs and ppl would still complain it’s not enough, they could show cgi trailers and ppl would complain that’s not enough, dev diaries oh that’s not enough , concept art that’s not enough, pull devs off of active production to make vertical slices which would delay production by months and u guys would still complain that game looks low budget and rough. Better Sony say nothing because what r u guys going to do get and Xbox? Get Nintendos garbage? This endless complaining is just childish.

• fire
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
I agree, I don’t mind getting a trailer 2-3 years ahead of time but for some reason people have started to frown upon that.
I dont want to see stuff that’s not dropping within a year. every one else says they don’t mind but for that 2-3yrs ppl will still be complaining like with spiderman2, like with wolverine, like factions, like concord, like fair games. Ppl say they could at least show a teaser but that’s exactly what they did last show case and all ppl did complain “it’s 2023 and cgi trailers are unacceptable where is the game play”.

• they're_right_you_know

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
Sidenote - Jim/Hermen also threw a wrench into a few studios plans with their horrid Bungie acquisition, pushing GAAS, and wasting time on PC ports that flop. If PlayStation had better leadership, we would have a clearer idea of what's coming and when.
Ensuring time to produce quality is not a spanner in the works. A spanner in the works is rushing out unfinished garbage like Redfall, Halo Infinite, Forza And ending up in a distant third place wondering what went wrong

Reactions: Muddasar

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
Plenty of games for next year announced so far.

Silent Hill 2, Rise of the Ronin and FF7 rebirth are enough for my pallet.

I’m sure others will be announced.
Same! Ppl complain there are not enough games but most ppl only play a handful a year. Based on what’s been announced for 2024 and the release dates I know pretty much will I’ll be playing at least for the first half of the year and I got a good idea of what I’ll be playing the 2nd half as well.

OP
OP
Box

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
More crying over nothing!
Rise of Ronin
Stellar Blade
Hell Divers2
Rebirth
Concord
Lost Soul Aside
Convallaria
Pacific Drive
Granblue
Last of us part 2 remaster
Silent Hill 2
Some of u just better sell your ps5s and get an Xbox. Clearly ps isn’t producing enough to make u happy and doesn’t have enough exclusive content to satisfy you. They keep saying they will talk about and show games when they are ready. They could drop a blog post tomorrow detailing all the games for the next 5 yrs and ppl would still complain it’s not enough, they could show cgi trailers and ppl would complain that’s not enough, dev diaries oh that’s not enough , concept art that’s not enough, pull devs off of active production to make vertical slices which would delay production by months and u guys would still complain that game looks low budget and rough. Better Sony say nothing because what r u guys going to do get and Xbox? Get Nintendos garbage? This endless complaining is just childish.

Why would I torture myself by getting an xbox? Nobody wants that garbage

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Doom post redux. We just had this thread like yesterday… between all the Twitter triple post copy and pasta and doomer nonsense. Sigh…

• they're_right_you_know

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
Why would I torture myself by getting an xbox? Nobody wants that garbage
So just have patience and wait the games aren’t finished or aren’t in a state to be shown yet. Complaining isn’t going to make the devs work any faster. And Sony isn’t going to force teams to show stuff that’s in a very polished state so ppl can pick it apart and hurt the brand image.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
The whole "exclusives don't count unless they come from first party devs" thing is just some weird shit Xbox fanboys came up with to downplay PlayStation's library. They have done this since at least last gen. Weird that some on this forum bought into that narrative.

• they're_right_you_know

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
I love how Internet downplay ps releases but hype up pc ports and old up res games as new thing

Having said that

Tlous part 2
Helldivers 2
Ff7r part 2

That's more than enough to start the year

24 Jun 2022
Technically, it wouldn't be a delay since there's no release date. But what I meant was that I keep hearing people say it's not a 2024 game and that it'll be 2025. I'm just saying either one could happen. Hopefully it is 2024.

Who are the people saying that? Not everyone is credible. Like if it's Shrepnizzle Nick or a clown like that, then I wouldn't put any stock into what they are saying. Randoms who have an agenda of their own to push are in a similar boat for me.

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Concord gonna be that surprise hit of the year. But I'm sure next year we will definitely get a few single player first party announcements.

I can't see Sucker Punch, Asobi not having something to show at least.

I also expect Death Stranding next Fall.