Sony chief to step in as PlayStation boss as profit margins shrink

Eggman

12 Apr 2023
Another trash article. Like they literally just make things up in the article with no source or indication of who is claiming it

Like where did they pull this nonsense from?

"Sales of the new PlayStation 5 have not grown as expected. Returns on investment has also lagged"

And

"The wider gaming industry faces a fast-shifting landscape. More players are moving away from consoles like PlayStation toward online games on personal computers or smartphones. In 2020, Sony rival Microsoft launched a cloud service where paid subscribers can play console games on their PCs or smartphones."

Like wtf is this?

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Another stupid take from Hideki Yasuda to throw FUD over Sony. Pretty likely soon we'll see the Bloomberg article sharing this dumb take.

sugarbetik

Banned
30 Jun 2023
It's very concerning that Sony PlayStation division operating profits are over three times smaller than Nintendo in the first half of 2023.

lZLYZoc_d.webp

Nintendo Switch alone had already made more profits than the entire PlayStation division since its creation.

• haha
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
It's very concerning that Sony PlayStation division operating profits are over three times smaller than Nintendo in the first half of 2023.

lZLYZoc_d.webp

Nintendo Switch alone had already made more profits than the entire PlayStation division since its creation.
Operating profit I'd not what you think it is. Playstation just need to stop investing and you would say. Omg Sony operating profits is 5x bigger than Nintendo

Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Nixxes' ports have been the ones being praised, actually. The only really low-quality port recently was TLOU, and that was Iron Galaxy.

No, the "naughty gods" are to blame on last of us port and maybe uncharted Iron galaxy only collaborated, they were used as a scapegoat to cover for ND failure.

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
No, the "naughty gods" are to blame on last of us port and maybe uncharted Iron galaxy only collaborated, they were used as a scapegoat to cover for ND failure.
Not passing the buck but they did have a hand in the failure port not only did they get credited before the game came out but also in game
81mg6t2303ra1.png FsW2XQdWwAAgKVj.jpg
Screenshot 2023-09-29 133251.jpg

Swolf712

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
Wisconsin, USA
I'll never understand some people's obsession with seeking out and posting every negative article they can find on here.
I partly believe this particular instance loops back into a desire to believe Ryan has been fired rather than that he's retiring.
(Though typically people who are fired don't retain their position for months in a transitional period, but what do I know?)

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: DocRay

sugarbetik

Banned
30 Jun 2023
Operating profit I'd not what you think it is. Playstation just need to stop investing and you would say. Omg Sony operating profits is 5x bigger than Nintendo
You need to take a look at Nintendo financial reports to see their rnd budget is huge as sony PlayStation division.