Sony has reportedly suffered a major cyberattack

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Must've missed that 'good publicity' 🤣🤣View attachment 2373
In the MS leaks we learned:
-There actually is a time limit before they pull the plug (Which would in theory give any potential partner pause if there is a future with them not to mention individual devs)
-Gamepass is way behind the numbers the company needs to be it
-Their hardware roadmap for the next 10 years has been leaked
-Phil caught red handed admitting to wanting to buy Nintendo and the name of the individual and the shell group buying out stock of them was revealed
-The amount MS would pay individually for games to come to gamepass
-Admission they are missing goals and their business model is unsustainable
-Bethesda's road map leaked
-General Aloofness for the market their in.

Probably alot more im forgetting.

Here's the thing, all of this shows is that as a division they have no idea what they are doing, that their business model is unsustainable, the business is stagnant, and it has a time limit. Alot of that stuff may not make headlines but across the boardrooms in the games industry, its big news. Worse yet the hardware is down 20 percent year over year in every region and being outsold like 3:1 by the ps5.

Last edited:

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
ps5-900x503.jpg

Relative ransomware newcomers have claimed to have succeeded in what could be a devastating ransomware attack on global entertainment giant Sony.

Ransomed.vc has only been operating since September, despite some links to previous forums and groups. However, in that time the group has racked up an impressive amount of victims – and Sony is one of them.

Ransomed.vc said on its leak sites, both on the clear and dark nets, taking a description straight from Wikipedia.

The group does include some proof-of-hack data, but it’s not particularly compelling information on the face of things – there appear to be screenshots of an internal log-in page, an internal PowerPoint presentation outlining testbench details, and a number of Java files.
“ major cyberattack” is an exaggerated based on the evidence. The group who claims to have done haven’t been active that long also the amount of files they got is rather small for a claim of a total breach. I have more files in my google cloud than they claimed to have gotten. Almost 20yrs since the hack they haven’t shown dick of any significance that would suggest Sony has been significantly compromised. They are asking for a buyer because Sony refused to pay but they won’t show the value of what they are offering. That’s uncharacteristic of a hacker group want to sell significant valuable data. Hackers brag and show off their feats. The no idea hack, Capcom hack and rockstar hack all follow that pattern. They say they will release everything on the September 28th. Sounds like cap to me but let’s see.

Reactions: PS_ROCKS

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Id say the fact Playstation is out there tweeting and Naughty dog is saying things on twitter is kind of a good sign? I mean if your entire company was breached youd think we wouldnt hear a peep from them?

Eggman

12 Apr 2023
So the possibilities of this impacting PSN or SIE in any way is next to zero.

For one saying you breached "all of Sony's systems" makes absolutely no sense in any way. Sony is a massive corporation with thousands of different "systems" globally that are not connected in any way.

Secondly if they had anything substantial they would say so as they are apparently trying to sell it. They clearly don't have much of anything and their proof of the breach/example documents are laughable.

If they breached PSN in any way they would say that and not the nonsense they are.saying about "all systems".

So the odds of anyone's PSN information being compromised from this is basically 0%

Last edited:

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
I wonder if this is the new "MS was getting alot of bad press so i made up something negative about Sony" type story weve seen "Games Journalism" do before? What was his name that said that?

Last edited:

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Good luck to them getting through it, my employer recently had one and its a whole lot of work.

Edit: Or it could be a whole lot of bullshit...