Sony Interactive Entertainment renews UEFA Champions League sponsorship

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Sony Interactive Entertainment, the company behind the PlayStation brand of products, has been a proud supporter of the world’s premier club competition for more than 27 years.
UEFA has today announced that longstanding partner Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE), the company behind the PlayStation brand of products, has renewed its sponsorship of the UEFA Champions League for the 2024–27 commercial cycle. The three-year agreement also includes sponsorship rights for the UEFA Super Cup, UEFA Youth League and UEFA Futsal Champions League.

A dedicated partner of the competition for more than 27 years, SIE and the PlayStation brand will continue to deliver innovative fan engagement activities, exclusive content and unique experiences across various platforms, including remaining as the presenting sponsor of the Player of the Match, UEFA Champions League Fantasy Football and the eChampions League.
SIE will maintain its PlayStation brand exposure across in-game perimeter LED boards, media interview backdrops and broadcast sponsorship. SIE will also continue to enjoy exclusive on-site activation opportunities at events such as the UEFA Champions Festival, following on from the success of the 2024 edition in London, where it engaged festival attendees with various interactive activations.

Guy-Laurent Epstein, UEFA marketing director, said: “We are delighted to continue our partnership with Sony Interactive Entertainment as we enter a new era of the UEFA Champions League. SIE has been a global sponsor since 1997, and this renewal highlights the enduring commitment of both organisations to keep elevating the fan experience and deliver the excitement of the world’s most prestigious club competition to a global audience of football fans and gamers alike.”

Jill Erb, senior director of marketing partnerships and activations, Sony Interactive Entertainment, said: “For over 27 years, our collaboration with the UEFA Champions League has brought memorable football experiences to fans. We are thrilled to continue this partnership while also championing women’s football through our ongoing collaboration with the UEFA Women’s Champions League. Football is hugely popular within the PlayStation community, and we are excited to continue bringing the worlds of football and gaming closer together.”

SIE is also a proud supporter of UEFA women’s football, which includes sponsoring the UEFA Women’s Champions League, UEFA Women’s EURO 2025, the UEFA European Women’s Under-19 and Under-17 Championships, the UEFA Women’s Futsal EURO and UEFA’s Together #WePlayStrong initiative, which aims to encourage more girls and women to play football.

Reactions: CrackmanNL

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Those champions league ads are pretty cool with all the ps studio characters.

Smart move whoever at sony decided originally to market with the champions league.

Reactions: CrackmanNL

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
Yep, one of their best marketing campaigns/deals. Jim and other execs got the best business seats as well for games haha.
Every CL game before, in the break and after PS commercials or promotions of games and it's season long and the first half is every 2 weeks. Last year you got spammed with CoD on PS since it was the last promo with that franchise.

About the sponsoring there are some cool kits mainly from back in the day
best-of-football-kits-with-video-game-sponsors+%25284%2529.jpg

I liked the Arsenal one with Sega
2490.jpg

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
The seattle team. I forget their name but they had the uglies jerseys back in the 360 era cause it had both the xbox and 360 logo on the front.
Oh MLS....

Yeah that's Xbox alright, couldn't find a more useless marketing deal.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
The seattle team. I forget their name but they had the uglies jerseys back in the 360 era cause it had both the xbox and 360 logo on the front.
Sounders, they always had that ugly lime green color in their MLS incarnation, slightly different from 360 ccolors and predated the sponsorship. I much prefered their NASL/USL light green/light blue era.

Reactions: Hatefield

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Football and stuff like Champions League has an insane viewship specially in Europe, so I think this sponsorship is very positive for them.

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
Damn sega made one hell of a marketing deal. Peak arsenal.

I mean it didn't help them get their ass beat from sony, but they chose a good team.
Yep, unfortunately not enough to save them cause they died bit before The Invincibles season. They did more teams I believe, I remember Deportiva La Coruna team, they are not doing well these days either.
FkXTt9xX0AAjoYK.jpg

But derailing the topic with retro kits.

Also good of PS to support the women league's and support them with initiatives for younger girls to get into football from reading the press. It's also a symbiotic relationship for UEFA to reach younger gens with football.
Just searched. National team

Yeah E-sports sponsorship, that's why he's never seen it, It's not on the pitch. And if UEFA has the final in Wembley, the stadium has to remove other sponsors, that includes the stadium having a deal with other beer brands. Those are banned at the CL games you can only sell Heineken.
These kind of sponsorships adds to the non-gamers calling gaming Playstation like the parents of the past called every console a Nintendo.