Sony is refunding TLOU part 2 remaster for people who already own part 2 PS4 digital version

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
Santa Monica doing Valhalla for free does put Naughty Dog's release on a different head-space. Feels almost as if it's a play to compensate for the Factions cancellation.... passing the bill.

Reactions: Bryank75

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
quite honestly, i don't understand why they charge for these upgrades, Sony has a HUGE problem where they devalue their games to a point of selling them for 10 dollars like they did with the PS4 version of TLOU2 and then when a PS5 version releases, they charge 10 for upgrades, the most intelligent thing would be to not devalue their games so much, like Nintendo, and then give the upgrade for free for all the people who bought it

Nintendo also doesn't port their games to PC

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
The reason sony probably did this remaster is because they don’t want their games sitting on their store front for 10-20 dollars anymore

MaxParrish

8 Jan 2023
?

If your account have the PS4 digital version you should not have option to buy/preorder the PS5 version... just upgrade.
If you put your PS4 disc on tray you should not have option to buy/preorder the PS5 version... just upgrade.

It makes no sense to me they give the option to buy the PS5 in your PSN account if you the PS4 version already.
Same if you put the PS4 disc on tray.

That is what made Sony had to refund PS5 versions of accounts that already have the PS4 version... an unnecessary cost for Sony and an small inconvenience for consumer.
Well in parts... if you have the PS4 disc and you preordered the PS5 version you are fucked because Sony won't refund it.
I suppose it already works like that for the digital edition. If you have the disk version Sony cannot know that you possess the disk until you out on the tray,so I guess this is where the refunds come from : people who preordered the remake while havin the disk of the original , but not inserted in the console

• Informative
Reactions: ethomaz

Eggman

12 Apr 2023
I don't think they should be charging anything for this upgrade but at least they are refunding people who make a mistake preordering a full price.

Why exactly should developers not be compensated for their work?

Reactions: Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Why exactly should developers not be compensated for their work?

Well, I was informed above about how much extra content is included...so in this case it deserves to be paid, certainly.

I was more refering to games with settings upgrades.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I suppose it already works like that for the digital edition. If you have the disk version Sony cannot know that you possess the disk until you out on the tray,so I guess this is where the refunds come from : people who preordered the remake while havin the disk of the original , but not inserted in the console
But if that was the case Sony had no way to know the person had the game.

The refunds are accounts that already have TLOU2 PS4 and preordered TLOU2 PS5… that is why it happened automatically… it is only valid for digital.

For these with disc I believe they have to ask refund manually because Sony has no way to know they already own TLOU2 PS4.

Reactions: MaxParrish