Sony Music New Joint venture with Palworld (Palworld Entertainment)

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022
Just buy them, it makes infinite sense.

They can model it on the Pokémon franchise, in how it releases with new regions every few years.

• fire
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
That is not a gaming related partnership.
It is more like to license Palworld IP to others medias like anime.

to expand and develop new businesses associated with the hit game

I read new businesses as expand outside gaming.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
That is not a gaming related partnership.
It is more like to license Palworld IP to others medias like anime.

I read new businesses as expand outside gaming.

Not a license.

A joint company has been created between Sony Music and Pocketpair no different to Pokemon Company.

Might be outside gaming now but this is how it all starts.

Sony has got its tentacles in Palworld now.

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022
Not a license.

A joint company has been created between Sony Music and Pocketpair no different to Pokemon Company.

felicia day tentacles GIF

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Sony music doesnt really have anything to do with PlayStation though.

Aniplex does though. And Sony Music also handles parts of Playstation/Sony mobile. Aniplex is their anime company which is helping in From Software properties among other things.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Not a license.

You say it is not a licensing company but says it is like Pokemon Company that is exactly that... a licensing company.
Pokemon Company is a company created to brand management, production, publishing, marketing, and licensing of the Pokémon franchise.

For example...

Some anime studio wants to create an anime based in Palworld... they need to talk with Palworld Entertainment to get the license of the IP to do it.
Some toy company wants to create toys based in Palworld... they need to talk with Palworld Entertainment to get the lecense of the IP to do it.

While Gamefreak is one of the owner of The Pokémon Company they work the same way.
Gamefreak need the license of the IP to do Pokémon games.
Of course as being one of the owner they have priority but not all games are licensed to Gamefreak... we have Pokémon Go that is licensed to Niantic.
So The Pokémon Company can license the IP to 3rd-parties.

With the deal today Pocketpair has the license IP of Palworld to make their games... that doesn't mean the game will come to PS5 unless Pocketpair decides.
That doesn't mean that Palworld Entertainment can't license the IP to others game developers (like happened with Pokémon Go).

Palworld Entertainment is all about the manage of the IP Palworld.
They do nothing more than that.

The fact that Sony Music and Aniplex are the others owners and not Sony GN&S means they are focused in something anime related... so the best guess we can do is that Palworld Entertainment is licensing the IP to Aniplex work in an Anime.

The game license for consoles/PC at least is with Pocketpair... so they decide if there will a PS5 version or not.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Watch Sony Music promote it and try to make it the next big thing… all while Xbox has it as an exclusive or something lol.

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Palworld anime soon?

Yes, I assume they are going to help develop lore, a story and make it a little less generic.

Making a anime with people that have m16's in their hand shooting cute little pokemon creatures is not something I think they want to convey to kids.

So probably I wonder if they make changes to the property for the anime its conveyed later in the game?

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
Yes, I assume they are going to help develop lore, a story and make it a little less generic.

Making a anime with people that have m16's in their hand shooting cute little pokemon creatures is not something I think they want to convey to kids.

So probably I wonder if they make changes to the property for the anime its conveyed later in the game?
Why would the anime be aimed at kids

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Papacheeks

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Sony music doesnt really have anything to do with PlayStation though.
They both have game publishers and development studios. But in this case seems it's going to be a joint venture subsidiary that "will be responsible for developing the reach of the intellectual property and for expanding commercial business endeavors, including the global licensing and merchandising activities associated with Palworld, outside of the interactive game.

The joint venture efforts will begin with the development of exclusive merchandise based on the game - which will debut and sell at the Pocketpair booth during “Bilibili World 2024” (beginning Friday, July 12, 2024 in Shanghai, China) and be made available for pre-order at Aniplex and its subsidiaries, Aniplex of America and Aniplex Shanghai, e-commerce sites with more detailed information at a later date."

Watch Sony Music promote it and try to make it the next big thing… all while Xbox has it as an exclusive or something lol.
I bet MS only has the typical timed console exclusive like some other indies had, linked to the deal of including their game on GP.

But I assume Sony Music and Aniplex don't care about it, since they made many multiplatform, PC or mobile games. They had their own interests regarding gaming, different to the SIE/PS ones.

Something I think is a mistake, I think Sony should have all their gaming business under SIE, all their movie/tv business under Sony Pictures and all their music business under Sony Music.

Very well coordinated with the other teams of the same area and sharing the same main interests and goals.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gods&Monsters

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022

YeezyDude

17 Jun 2024
Denmark
Sony is already releasing plushies of their most popular pals.

The haters can shut up now. They didn't use AI and they didn't copy Pokemon. It's an original IP.

'Our artists draw thousands of sketches': Palworld's CEO, seemingly exhausted by AI art accusations, once more tries to put them to bed

Already? Well okay... Then do a PS5/PS5 Pro port in 2025 then! :cool: