Sony reverses position & will no longer require PSN account linking for Helldivers 2. Must take the right lessons from this fiasco.

Aidendelaney95

9 Jul 2022
Sony should hurry up and release that PC launcher. They'll probably release it with Concord whenever it comes out this year. The smart thing would be to launch in beta and 1.0 release together.

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
Did you read what he posted?
I see he is talking about the games on Steam specifically without a Steam account, not gams on PC. To answer that: obviously not.

The only difference is that you are making an account to use on the platform that you are playing on directly, not asked to go create an account for another platform altogether that you do not use.

OP
OP
anonpuffs

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
A fully owned IP does not give profits to the developer.

Sony financed the game including paying their wages and servers.

At most they get bonuses for reaching milestones.
Well they will have no problem finding a publishing deal after the success of HD2.

Reactions: Systemshock2023

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
The only difference is that you are making an account to use on the platform that you are playing on directly, not asked to go create an account for another platform altogether that you do not use.

So a bit like what Valve did 13 years ago?

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
So a bit like Valve did 13 years ago?

why you even bother, it doesn't matter if you use facts, logic, rational, they are just that dumb.

i am disappointed, that i found out, that some PS fans here are way more stupider and more like xbots, than i thought about them in high regard.

OP
OP
anonpuffs

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Why do you guys still respond to that dude? It's clear they're only here to troll and are absolutely clueless about gaming. I put them on ignore and I haven't had to read their brainless posts in days.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
13 years ago? people should have also complained then. I don't see how this proves anything. The concept is wrong, not who's doing it.
Complaining hasn't stopped them then and won't now.

You don't want stuff like this happening? Don't support the games/companies enforcing it. Hurting their wallets is the only thing which they understand.

In this case, ask for a refund and be happy to have played the game for free all this time.

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
Complaining hasn't stopped them then and won't now.

You don't want stuff like this happening? Don't support the games/companies enforcing it. Hurting their wallets is the only thing which they understand.

In this case, ask for a refund and be happy to have played the game for free all this time.
Yeah, which is what people are doing now. :) but that makes lots of you PS fans mad for some reason. People are free to do what they want.

Reactions: Systemshock2023

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Yeah, which is what people are doing now. :) but that makes lots of you PS fans mad for some reason. People are free to do what they want.

PS fans are mad? What should we be mad about?
I've only seen people being "mad" for all the whining and bitching.

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
PS fans are mad? What should we be mad about?
I've only seen people being "mad" for all the whining and bitching.
"whining and bitching." is how you tell a company to fuck off. How else? sending them an email?

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
All of their games should have required a PSN login from day 1, that would have made things clear.

I think pc gamers never liked Sony, they just wanted the games and to give Sony as little as possible for them.... So I don't think Sony could have really won any positive sentiments by changing things.

But they do need to treat their own customers, on console with far more respect.
Seems the HD2 issues was an exception the devs made to get around the log in issues the game had at launch, so they literally broke their own user agreement policy to get the game to launch in a working state (lmao, this was dumb). They should have just delayed like you said.
Makes no sense to label PC gamers as sony haters because if they buying the game then they are helping sony in the exact way sony intended.

Orangee

3 Mar 2024
Damn, Totoki had It all planned. Obligatory PSN linking just before the shareholder meetings, so he could flex the MAU numbers skyrocketing lmao

Sony aint stabbing their console, just to leave It all on the table.
The PSN linking will still be obligatory in the future, they will get it their way.
Slowly, step by step, first give some capes for linking (they will give the preorder bonuses), then lock some features of the game like crossplay, behind the linking, and when PSN is ready all around the globe (we know that Sony is expanding into Africa anyways), then they will one day just make it obligatory and people will be so used to it, that they will not care.

Neversummer

27 Jun 2023
Sony fucked up. They’ve stated how they would have “future plans for PC players” they’re won’t be future plans lol PC players got there way Helldivers 2 can never have a PSN requirement on PC making it more questionable what is the reason of Sony porting these games & releasing these multiplayer games if you cant even garner PC players as a PSN user.

This will make future games like Concord, Fairgames, Horizon online when Sony inevitably pushes PSN requirements for future games to be pushed against & completely remove since it worked for Helldivers 2.

This just make PC the platform to invest & play all PS games instead of continuing investing PS5 or PS6

Also what do you think is the “future plans” because Sony can no longer push anything without seeming contradictory even more