Sony need to double and triple down on console, physical media and a closed platform

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
The Playstation-as-HBO approach to game publishing made sense in the PS4 era, though it was a mistake to abandon online gaming to such a deep extent. There is now evidently brain drain at teams like Insomniac, Guerrilla, and Naughty Dog. Single player, story games still have a place, but there is a big frontier for new kinds of connected gaming. Even hybrid approaches like Elden Ring and Death Stranding have a ton of creative potential.

I absolutely agree with his portion of your comment. They definitely missteped abandoning Multiplayer games PS4 era. It was thee generation to go all in once again for that genre. They had some amazing stuff on PS3 that could have been remastered/ remade and retooled as well.

• brain
Reactions: flaccidsnake

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
I just need Nintendo to release a premium home console with full third party support. The chips will fall in their place. Its the absence of such, with MS's Xbox presence as a roadblock that is the problem. Don't think imploring suits ever works - you don't even exist to them. Its also natural for dominant corps to "lose their ways" if you will.... happens all the time. The thing with gaming and in the social media age is that normal folk can see it and discuss it. Imagine being an IBM fanboy back in the day. It's ok. Hedge, always. I want and need a proper hedge against PlayStation as a personal preference - PC is not it. Just hope the old king of consoles has another run in them. Xbox going out of the hardware business is a requirement unfortunately.

220px-Kazuo_Hirai%2C_Sony_President_-_Mobile_World_Congress_2013_in_Barcelona.jpg
licensed-image

Different people, different management.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
I think they pretty much have already doubled down😂.
They need to double down on great story driven single player one and done 1st person shooters.

Last edited: