Sony on PS Plus Price Increase: We Want to Make PlayStation Plus Great

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
They could easily make online multiplayer and cloud saves a standard feature, with a paid subscription for games. Raising the price actually makes the service worse because it will inevitably mean a smaller percent of PS5 owners play paid games online. Why pay $80/year so you can pay another $70 to play Remnant 2 online without cross play? Then for some reason, you can download Destiny 2 for free and play it for free. Playstation and Xbox are sabotaging AAA online gaming with this velvet rope ripoff.
I agree and it's just corporate greed. That sudden, large increase was ridiculous. Not to mention games went up to $70 not too long ago. Alot of the well known games rack in tons of money on dlc, expansions, cosmetics, etc so Sony and their partners are racking in the dough. This is bs.

Last edited:

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
What I don't understand is why third parties don't put pressure on Sony/MS/Nintendo to drop the paywall. It's an unfair competition when you have F2P games that anyone can access without being subbed.

I am sure EA for instance would have way better FIFA and Battlefield sales if their games didn't require paying to play online, and that extra money could be spent on other games or MTX, where platform holders get a cut as well.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Please put some real effort into Premium, why does it get thr least amount if games and some months nothing?

Just give us ps2 games already Sony
While they are at it... Bring back some PS3 era multiplayers online.

Reactions: Box

Summer Nightmares

12 Jan 2023
What a beautiful moment of union we are living.

The forum eveytime the pc vs consoles topic pops up:

Fight Kangaroo GIF

The forum when paying for playing online is discussed

• haha
Reactions: toadsage44

SSfox

Enter The Fox
21 Jun 2022
Shadow Moses
I don't give a damn what they're gonna put in that service, but 80$ per year just to play Online is just Bullshit. Make Online free then or a sub service just for Online play then you can increase your Extra and Premium Prices as much as you want. They should've at least let Essential price 60$, that used to be 50$ btw.

Going from free, then 50 to 60 and now 80$ just to play Online, Sony are fucking dumbs.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: toadsage44

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
M.A.G needs a second chance
Should have been given a second chance the minute the battle royal craze started... along with Warkhawk

But honestly I really just want Uncharted 3 Multiplayer back fully Remasterd with updated physics carried over from Uncharted 4 🤣... Never gonna happen but hey...

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Should have been given a second chance the minute the battle royal craze started... along with Warkhawk

But honestly I really just want Uncharted 3 Multiplayer back fully Remasterd with updated physics carried over from Uncharted 4 🤣... Never gonna happen but hey...
Warhawk!!!

Reactions: Would_you_kindly