Sony PlayStation should purchase Implicit Conversions for the Backwards Compatibility program

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
having an in-house team/studio dedicated to backwards compatibility should be a MUST, at least it benefits console users with more games
OWiru9U.png

• brain
Reactions: 2spooky5me
OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
if they have Nixxes and Nion Koi that serves console users absolutely nothing, Implicit Conversions would absolutely be necessary for game preservation purposes and future compatibility/enchancements for their emulation engine, there'll always be games to port and enchancements to be made for the emulation every gen moving forward and Sony absolutely needs a team for it cause it's been proven they can't do this on their own.

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
@Mods

This should be in the Sony thread in Industry at best or should be closed because it is more doomsayer/whiny threads by this same OP.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
They just don't care enough to do something like that. They have all the money in the world when it comes to porting games to PC (even going as far as porting the likes of R&C Rift Apart and Sackboy) but when it comes to emulation you get the bare minimum (if even that).

OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
They just don't care enough to do something like that. They have all the money in the world when it comes to porting games to PC (even going as far as porting the likes of R&C Rift Apart and Sackboy) but when it comes to emulation you get the bare minimum (if even that).
PS2 emulation needs work, PS3/Vita Emulation hasn't even started yet, so having an internal team to work on this should be a priority, hopefully they buy implicit conversions, their syrup emulation engine is fantastic, needs work, but it is a great engine

• brain
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
They probably have a hampster in a cabinet working on it.
They should be doing alot more when it comes to bc, its taken all these years to get a handful of titles

OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
They probably have a hampster in a cabinet working on it.
They should be doing alot more when it comes to bc, its taken all these years to get a handful of titles
it's because they have no internal team to do it, we should be talking about PS3 emulation rn, not PS2 and PSP, hundreds of PS1, PS2 and PSP titles should already be avaliable on PS4/5

• thisistheway
Reactions: Kokoloko

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
“Oh god another doom post” 😂😭😭

In serious you’ll likely see Nixxes hire more people & split into 2-3 teams to port games faster further diminishing the PS platform, storefront & ecosystem aswell as the maximization of the PS business

PS3 emulation is really the bread winner so many games 1st party & 3rd party trap on that hardware.

OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Can you show us any example of that emulation?
I mean emulation using that Syrup Emulator.
the PS1, PS2 and PSP titles they've been adding to PS Plus Premium, the Syrup Emulator is the one with enhanced rendering, rewind, quick save, and custom filters, one example is the one above, you can see the enchanced quality in image for a PSP title (PS2 emulation still needs work to have the same quality)

OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
“Oh god another doom post” 😂😭😭

In serious you’ll likely see Nixxes hire more people & split into 2-3 teams to port games faster further diminishing the PS platform, storefront & ecosystem aswell as the maximization of the PS business
i don't understand how a thread about backwards compatibility is a doom post, these people need to use the ignore buttom more often, i surely do

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
the PS1, PS2 and PSP titles they've been adding to PS Plus Premium, the Syrup Emulator is the one with enhanced rendering, rewind, quick save, and custom filters, one example is the one above, you can see the enchanced quality in image for a PSP title (PS2 emulation still needs work to have the same quality)
PS5 / PS4 already has a emulator with with enhanced rendering, rewind, quick save, and custom filters, etc.
Are there any confirmation it is using Syrup Emulator? Because I could not find neither in game details at PS store or game credits.

PS. Outside who is doing the emulation I only read bad things about it anything... PS4 / PS5 emulation is not good like people expected.

OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
PS5 / PS4 already has a emulator with with enhanced rendering, rewind, quick save, and custom filters, etc.
Are there any confirmation it is using Syrup Emulator? Because I could not find neither in game details at PS store or game credits.
there is, you can check it on Implicit Conversions website, they're the studio resposible for the Classics being added to PS4/5 nowadays, it's a different engine than the PS2 classics we had in 2016 (which most of them have issues running on PS5 btw), i would love to see implicit conversions come back and fix these 2016 titles but i doubt they will

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
there is, you can check it on Implicit Conversions website, they're the studio resposible for the Classics being added to PS4/5 nowadays, it's a different engine than the PS2 classics we had in 2016 (which most of them have issues running on PS5 btw), i would love to see implicit conversions come back and fix these 2016 titles but i doubt they will
The issues are in the "new" emulation titles... like the low resolution and things like that.
I just want to know which games they worked to test them but I can not find anything about even in their site.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Yes, they should. The recent stuff they're doing is good but there's no reason to drip feed them so slowly, other than greed. That's what I hate about Nintendo Switch Online, Nintendo acts like they're doing us a favor by slowly releasing roms. The only thing Sony copied from Nintendo is their dumbest idea.

OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
The issues are in the "new" emulation titles... like the low resolution and things like that.
I just want to know which games they worked to test them but I can not find anything about even in their site.
all of the classics that came to PS5/4 from 2022 - to now are using the syrup emulation engine and are worked by implicit conversions, i recommend you testing titles like Daxter, Jak & Daxter The Last Frontier, Twisted Metal 1 & 2, Resistance Retribution, Ridge Racer 2, the Syphon Filter games

OP
OP
Etifilio

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Yes, they should. The recent stuff they're doing is good but there's no reason to drip feed them so slowly, other than greed. That's what I hate about Nintendo Switch Online, Nintendo acts like they're doing us a favor by slowly releasing roms. The only thing Sony copied from Nintendo is their dumbest idea.
there is no consistency, there are months where there is no PS1 titles being added for example, that's the problem, + the PS2 emulation still needs improvements in resolution, that's why having Implicit Conversions as an internal team is a must, specially if they plan to work on PS3 and Vita emulations in the future

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
They already work for Sony, they did the PS1/PS2/PSP emulator we have in PS4 and PS5. Sony can hire them if they need them again.

As could be to further improve the current emulators -maybe adding better crt filters and fixing a few bugs- or let's say maybe in the future to make a potential future Vita emulator (maybe PS5/PS6 only?) or to port these emulators to PC or mobile.

I don't see the point on acquiring them. Pretty likely the PS4/PS5 BC for PS6 will be done with the console hardware, in the same way PS5 does the PS4 one. So no emulator will be needed there.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
all of the classics that came to PS5/4 from 2022 - to now are using the syrup emulation engine and are worked by implicit conversions, i recommend you testing titles like Daxter, Jak & Daxter The Last Frontier, Twisted Metal 1 & 2, Resistance Retribution, Ridge Racer 2, the Syphon Filter games
That you saying it... I mean I'm trying to find any confirmation of that but I can't.
I will try it to see if I can spot if it is really a new emulator.

Because from what I see for now it looks to have the same features as the PS2 for PS4 emulation.