Sony reveals regions with most games played / most trophies etc. - Via Genki

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com

The presentation reveals that PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 gamers in the US play the most titles a year, 10.7 on average, whilst also having the lowest percentage of trophies. Alternatively, Japanese gamers play the least games with just 5.9 titles on average per year, whilst earning the most trophies per game. Despite these high trophy counts though, Asia and EU have the highest percentage of platinum trophy unlocks.

FbFFiByagAApIQX

This graph shows the average number of titles played per person per year, by region.
These figures suggest Americans are more likely to pick up many games and drop some, whereas Japanese players are more likely to stick with few and play a lot. This hypothesis is further backed up with the playtime stats. Japanese gamers will play games for almost two and a half times longer than American gamers will.

A final interesting division comes in how users choose to purchase their games. Japan and EU gamers are more likely to buy the disc-only version of full games than the other regions, and gamers in the US and Asia are more likely to be digital-only compared to others. Across the board though, digital only purchases are higher than physical only purchases in every region.

PlayStation user stats

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
I did my part in the US this year!
This summer on Vita I got the platinum trophies for The Walking Dead Season 1 and lego Chima
and on PS5 I got the platinum on Stray and literally got the Platinum trophy on Bugsnax yesterday on PS5!

Edit, I just realized this is for PS4 and PS5 only!

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
This summer on Vita I got the platinum trophies for The Walking Dead Season 1 and lego Chima
and on PS5 I got the platinum on Stray and literally got the Platinum trophy on Bugsnax yesterday on PS5!

Not enough....

Team EU here:
13 plats from beginning of the year until now.

Last edited:

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
It would be nice to have the entire talk translated, or at least all the slides with graphs. Watching the original video of the talk I see Genki only translated a few of them:

Bernd Lauert

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
It would be nice to have the entire talk translated, or at least all the slides with graphs. Watching the original video of the talk I see Genki only translated a few of them:

Technically, you could copy the Youtube transcript into something like DeepL and get the translation. It's not perfect but it's a start.

Reactions: Bryank75

toadsage44

22 Jun 2022
West Virginia, USA
I'm physical-only whenever possible. Generally, if there's a game I want that doesn't have a physical version, I won't get it unless it's on sale with a deep discount. That feeling of getting something tangible when I buy a game is part of why I like gaming and collecting games as a result. Since 2020, I'd say my game collection has grown tremendously. I have over 100 physical PS4 games and that number is only going to continue growing. Physical for the win!

• party
Reactions: arvfab and Bryank75

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming

Doing My Part Reaction GIF

Reactions: AniWeeb
Status
Not open for further replies.