Sony reverses position & will no longer require PSN account linking for Helldivers 2. Must take the right lessons from this fiasco.

Luffy123

Veteran
16 Jul 2023
PC will destroy the AAA space and we will be left with absolute dogshit games left and the occasional banger

That’s where we’re headed with this

A focus on PC has already worsened and made Microsoft games worse and worse

Anyone trying to reach that platform always has a quality level in games going downwards.

Sad day for gaming when we will have to have 1 AAA banger every 4-5 years and have to play dogshit indies and early accesss instead if this is the path they’re going down

Summer Nightmares

12 Jan 2023
Steam Nonces can get away with bullying developers, doing fraud and spreading viterol hate but console players pay for everything?

This is a big problem with Sony porting games to pc. More and more we see people talking about not needing to buy a Playstation if games are releasing on Steam anyway. When more people change platform to pc Sony as a public company is going to balance the numbers by increasing the prices of subs, games or something. It's a circle.

Luffy123

Veteran
16 Jul 2023
What single game has Microsoft produced in its day 1 PC era that is better than it did when it was Xbox only? Absolutely nothing exactly

There is an increasingly worrying correlation between prioritising PC release and decreasing Scope, Quality, Fidelity, Gameplay and Immersion

The same will happen to PlayStation

Reactions: JAHGamer

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Arrowhead CM
al9Hm9V.png

This statement makes PlayStation look so weak right now
I would fire him. Biting the hand feeding him.
also. Sony had a deal to run psn on this game since launch. Arrowhead disabled it due to server capacity issues…. And they never turned it back on and forgot to tell player that they will in fact as it was required by Sony and on steam page.

So all in all it’s a huge arrowhead fail to do proper deal with Sony and then act that Sony is big bad while in fact its arrowhead who fucked their part of the deal.
And they made Sony look bad big time.

I wouldn’t buy that company anymore. Indie studio that took money from Sony but still wants to enjoy indie studio benefits? Unprofessional

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
you people are stupid or what? what don't you get with, that you can create account from different regions? clearly i need to repeat myself.

from the beginning of PSN, people were creating accounts from different countries, whole COUNTRIES CREATED ACCOUNTS FROM DIFFERENT COUNTRIES.

i never ever heard anyone from those countries be banned because of it, ever in PSN lifetime. fucking hell.

Companies can't tell their customers to break their own terms of service because that leaves them open to massive class-action lawsuits.

Everyone in Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Egypt and others bought legitimate copies of the game on Steam but would never be able to create PSN accounts without breaking Sony's own TOS. And it was Playstation PC LLC - the game's publisher on Steam - who defined that the game could be sold on countries without PSN coverage, so this was Sony's fault.

I'm so sorry that you still can't comprehend these facts after having them explained here a dozen times.
But it's ok, not everyone is equally capable. You can go rest your brain now.

Reactions: Yuniac

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Arrowhead CM
al9Hm9V.png
They should've been fired, these people emboldened Sony haters, gave credence to their retarded stance, and turned a literal nothing burger into the biggest gaming controversy in a long time.

This statement makes PlayStation look so weak right now
It's almost like they forgot they're called PLAYSTATION .....

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Why is every PC megahit game Early Access Crap, Multiplayer, Indie Crap or a Modable RPG

Cause this is all the bullshit they consume

This is the reality of the gaming space for the foreseeable future if Sony continues down this PC path
Returnal on PC? 6k players top.
Uc4? Rookie numbers.
Pc players don’t play single player quality games unless it’s souls because then they can brag how good they are at beating tough game with cheat engine.

Stellar blade should never go to pc

Banana

Banned
10 Jan 2023
PC will destroy the AAA space and we will be left with absolute dogshit games left and the occasional banger

That’s where we’re headed with this

A focus on PC has already worsened and made Microsoft games worse and worse

Anyone trying to reach that platform always has a quality level in games going downwards.

Sad day for gaming when we will have to have 1 AAA banger every 4-5 years and have to play dogshit indies and early accesss instead if this is the path they’re going down
That's the future already without PC ports. AAA are too expensive for console exclusivity.

Same reason this gen you're just getting a bunch of remakes.

Luffy123

Veteran
16 Jul 2023
Returnal on PC? 6k players top.
Uc4? Rookie numbers.
Pc players don’t play single player quality games unless it’s souls because then they can brag how good they are at beating tough game with cheat engine.

They say PlayStation Studios games follow a formula

So why is every Steam megahit game the exact same fucking formula every single time

Cause they love fast food cheap McDonalds bullshit

There’s a reason we all play Playstation cause of the fucking games. If we wanted to play on PC and Steam to play their crap we would have fucking done that already

That’s what these Steam PC guys don’t understand and will never understand

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
Arrowhead disabled it due to server capacity issues…. And they never turned it back on and forgot to tell player that they will in fact as it was required by Sony and on steam page.

So all in all it’s a huge arrowhead fail to do proper deal with Sony and then act that Sony is big bad while in fact its arrowhead who fucked their part of the deal.
And they made Sony look bad big time.

I wouldn’t buy that company anymore. Indie studio that took money from Sony but still wants to enjoy indie studio benefits? Unprofessional

I agree with Arrowhead's fault in this. They should 100% have had much better/earlier communication about this, and their choice for communicating the mandatory linking on a freaking friday was completely retarded at best. That part did show amateurism on their end.

However they still made a spectacular game that's super fun to play, and while this probably did strain their relationship with Sony they still hit where it counts. Hopefully both sides can learn a thing or two and move on.

Stellar blade will absolutely go to PC in no small part due to modding potential.

Summer Nightmares

12 Jan 2023
Why is every PC megahit game Early Access Crap, Multiplayer, Indie Crap or a Modable RPG

Cause this is all the bullshit they consume

This is the reality of the gaming space for the foreseeable future if Sony continues down this PC path

I agree and I don't understand it. They spend 3 to 5 times the price of a console to build a pc but every pc hit is: meme, hentai, early access, fps/survival multiplayer, flash games like Brotato or vampire survivors.

And of top of that you have to deal with all the pc bullshit like cheaters, shades, stuttering, 9 launchers, old games not workin unless you follow guides to fix what the devs don't bother in doing, GTA VI and playstation games releasing years later, etc.

"best version of the game by far" my balls.

Sincerely: someone who was a pc gamer for almost 30 years before buying a console and the only downside I see is that paying for online and cloud saving is a scam. But besides that everything feels like a better experience on console.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
you people are stupid or what? what don't you get with, that you can create account from different regions? clearly i need to repeat myself.

from the beginning of PSN, people were creating accounts from different countries, whole COUNTRIES CREATED ACCOUNTS FROM DIFFERENT COUNTRIES.

i never ever heard anyone from those countries be banned because of it, ever in PSN lifetime. fucking hell.
You need to understand that as a consumer, if issues are to arise, you wouldn't be protected because the company, officially, does not do business in your country. Let's say you lose access to your games and you want your account back or your money back. You can't get it because Sony isn't legally obliged to help you, since you broke their ToS and they don't even do business in your country. If you decide to take them to court, you lose because, again, they were never there to begin with and you broke their rules to get an account.

This isn't about Sony coming at random people who create a random account. They're not gonna check that. But they do have to cover themselves legally and it's why doing that is not allowed under their ToS. They won't enforce it but they will use it in legal matters.

So selling games in countries where PSN isn't available opens them up to legal issues. They have their asses covered but they don't want to have to spend time and money if those legal issues should arise.

A lot of you are looking at this from a very simplistic point of view. You should be looking at it from a corporate law point of view and the way companies constantly need to cover their asses, even including idiotic things in their ToS that they may NEVER enforce, but things that are there in case they need to.

If this was simply PC players don't want to create an account, it wouldn't be backtracked. The terms where there from the very first PC trailer and were constantly there on the game's page. No legal issues, no fuss. But this went beyond that precisely because it started infringing certain laws that could cause Sony a headache. At the very least, time and money spent on their legal department to combat it.

It's why I expect they'll be adding all countries to their list, just not support them with a store. That's what Nintendo does. Supports all countries with account creation but doesn't support quite a few of them with a store.

That way a person from Backwateristan can have his Steam account and a PSN account, without having to create an alternative one. No legal issues there.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
I agree with Arrowhead's fault in this. They should 100% have had much better/earlier communication about this, and their choice for communicating the mandatory linking on a freaking friday was completely retarded at best. That part did show amateurism on their end.

However they still made a spectacular game that's super fun to play, and while this probably did strain their relationship with Sony they still hit where it counts. Hopefully both sides can learn a thing or two and move on.

Stellar blade will absolutely go to PC in no small part due to modding potential.
First thing pc players will do with stellar blade is to mod it which imo is blatant slap in the face to the devs.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Companies can't tell their customers to break their own terms of service because that leaves them open to massive class-action lawsuits.

Everyone in Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia, Egypt and others bought legitimate copies of the game on Steam but would never be able to create PSN accounts without breaking Sony's own TOS. And it was Playstation PC LLC - the game's publisher on Steam - who defined that the game could be sold on countries without PSN coverage, so this was Sony's fault.

I'm so sorry that you still can't comprehend these facts after having them explained here a dozen times.
But it's ok, not everyone is equally capable. You can go rest your brain now.
i am from Lithuania, whole country created PSN accounts in different regions, and yes we could create, and no one ever got banned because of it. other multiple countries too.

Last edited:

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
That game is releasing on PC in six months to a year tops and you know it. It's a KOREAN game ffs. No chance it avoids PC.
I know and it’s infuriating that first thing what will happen is pc players disregarding artistic vision and amazing costumes and just running naked. It’s kinda offensive

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
What single game has Microsoft produced in its day 1 PC era that is better than it did when it was Xbox only? Absolutely nothing exactly

On the top of my head, the only cases I can think of is Forza Horizon 4 and 5.
Games seemed to have sold quite well with a lot of DLC and looking at Steam reviews, well liked.

Racing goes vroom vroom I guess.

Expecting a South Korean studio to not release their game on PC is not something I'd bet against.

I agree and I don't understand it.

I'm sorry, I don't disagree too much with what you've typed but I just had difficulty staying 100% serious considering...

Y'know...

471.jpg