gokuss4

28 Jan 2023
Nope
Sony will destroy them in 2 years
They should join Nintendo cuz they respect their talent and legacy

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
I think, with today's news, that is just wishful thinking now.

layoffs or not, Arrowhead is certainly fielding all kinds of publisher deals right now. If Sony doesn't want to be queued behind 2K or 505 Games for the next project (see: From Software, Supermassive, Ready At Dawn) they might have to buy them.

Reactions: Dabaus

Nix

14 Feb 2024
layoffs or not, Arrowhead is certainly fielding all kinds of publisher deals right now. If Sony doesn't want to be queued behind 2K or 505 Games for the next project (see: From Software, Supermassive, Ready At Dawn) they might have to buy them.
Are they even a worthy target for other publishers considering they don't own Helldivers IP? I don't really see anyone than Sony acquiring them.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Are they even a worthy target for other publishers considering they don't own Helldivers IP? I don't really see anyone than Sony acquiring them.
They've got the stink of success on them. A lot of other publishers will throw money at them to make almost anything they want. IP or not. I agree Sony is the most likely to actually buy them out, but lots would offer them a 1-3 game publishing deal after a hit like this.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
I don’t think we’re even in a buying market right now.

If sony aren’t going to buy them having a big successful IP in active development from them, then i doubt anyone else would spend the money to buy them when the entire industry is downsizing.

I don’t forsee any major acquisitions for a while. The arms race is over

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I would acquire Arrowhead, Shift Up, Ballistic Moon and Ember Lab if it was up to me. I see Ember Lab and Arrowhead as already being proven and while the other two remain to be seen, they would probably be cheap acquisitions in which the positives would outweigh the negatives and more to gain than lose.
Man, Ember Lab really knocked it out of the park with Kena.

Masterful game from top to bottom.

They have open job positions on their website. I wonder what their next game will be.

peter42O

Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
Man, Ember Lab really knocked it out of the park with Kena.

Masterful game from top to bottom.

They have open job positions on their website. I wonder what their next game will be.

Agreed. Kena was great and a hidden gem in my opinion. Looking forward to seeing what their next game is.