Sony SMS' Animation Director being cheeky before TGAs.

Aidendelaney95

9 Jul 2022
I remember the rumour a couple of months ago about God of War Ragnarok having either DLC or a small spinoff. I didn't know what to make of it at the time, assuming it was a troll or somesuch, but Sony SMS' Animation Director, Bruno Velazquez, might be adding fuel to the fire before TGAs.

First comment
Second comment

It may still be a bunch of crap (hopefully not) but thought I'd let folks know.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I think we all believe DLC is coming ( I consider a spin off game similar size as Miles Morale also being dlc caliber).

Looking forward to it as long as I’m playing as Kratos and not the dweeb Atreus.

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
I remember the rumour a couple of months ago about God of War Ragnarok having either DLC or a small spinoff. I didn't know what to make of it at the time, assuming it was a troll or somesuch, but Sony SMS' Animation Director, Bruno Velazquez, might be adding fuel to the fire before TGAs.

First comment
Second comment

It wasn’t a troll several big insiders have confirmed it and Santa Monica devs were blocking ppl who retweeted the rumors or who posted about it. They would never react to an untrue rumor that way. Something may very well be announced at the goty awards, either gow spinoff smaller game nextgen only like burning shores, regular dlc or even Cory’s game.

GachaMadeMeBroke

26 Nov 2023
People speculating it could be Thrud. I would be shocked if it is. I can BARELY remember that character and it also means that it’ll probably a story adjacent to the main cast. Rather give me Freya or Atreus but not Thrud.

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
People speculating it could be Thrud. I would be shocked if it is. I can BARELY remember that character and it also means that it’ll probably a story adjacent to the main cast. Rather give me Freya or Atreus but not Thrud.
GOW is Kratos. Give us anything else and it will belong to trash

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022

First comment
Second comment

SSM said when they released GoWR than the norse saga was done and that they were moving to new mythology with their next game. They said that already told in GoWR what they wanted so asked to don't expect any dlc.

People speculating it could be Thrud.
I think Thurd would be a more appropiate name for that design. Let's hope these guesses are totally wrong and we don't see that character again elsewhere. Kratos must be the main character of all GoW games.

First comment
Second comment

I think the tweets aren't related to any game announcement. But Cory pitched a new IP in summer 2018 after taking a post GoW 2018 release vacations.

If it got approved, the timing with announcing it around these days -as could be today in the Doritos Awards- would fit.

Last edited:

Luffy123

Veteran
16 Jul 2023
An expansion about Thrud would be great . Her character, was the most interesting yet unexplored part of GoW Ragnarok. New weapon for us to use as well