Sony: Totoki was refering to Bungie, not all PlayStation Studios in quote from financials

Luffy123

Veteran
16 Jul 2023
joke ting. Get those joke management out of there

And get them under 1st party umbrella

Infinity

Veteran
18 Nov 2023
Q: [G&NS and I&SS segments] What will be the keys to improving your operating margin?

A: G&S segment: When it comes to PS5, one challenge that sets this console cycle apart from PS4 and previous generations is that we find it difficult to reduce our costs during the course of the cycle. Unlike high-spec PCs, PS consoles enable us to offer an immersive experience for many people in a safe environment with affordable price. To offer that kind of experience, with costs for components like chips and memory on the rise, one key will be that we continue to sell consoles without substantial discounts [during the course of its product life-cycle] by engaging in product planning that ensures affordability for consumers. Another driver will be first-party titles. Strong titles that achieve growth on PS5, PCs and other platforms will widen our margins. We believe that we have opportunities for margin improvement and intend to pursue them aggressively.

its not specifically to bungie. Article is wrong.

• haha
Reactions: BigMclargeHuge

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Welp I'm glad they clarified though the damage was already done. They need better PR though, why has PR been this bad for over a decade?

But Bungie gotta be feeling heat. Maybe they should be brought in under PS studios so better structures can be enacted.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Q: [G&NS and I&SS segments] What will be the keys to improving your operating margin?

A: G&S segment: When it comes to PS5, one challenge that sets this console cycle apart from PS4 and previous generations is that we find it difficult to reduce our costs during the course of the cycle. Unlike high-spec PCs, PS consoles enable us to offer an immersive experience for many people in a safe environment with affordable price. To offer that kind of experience, with costs for components like chips and memory on the rise, one key will be that we continue to sell consoles without substantial discounts [during the course of its product life-cycle] by engaging in product planning that ensures affordability for consumers. Another driver will be first-party titles. Strong titles that achieve growth on PS5, PCs and other platforms will widen our margins. We believe that we have opportunities for margin improvement and intend to pursue them aggressively.

You're not even talking about the same thing the article is ...

gokuss4

28 Jan 2023

Get some rest Sleepy

avenovah

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
Q: [G&NS segment] Please give us an update on Bungie and what initiatives you are planning for FY2024.

A: I visited the Bungie studios and had meetings with [the] management, and I saw that employees working at the studios were highly motivated, showing great creativity as well as an impressive knowledge of live services. However, I also felt that there was room for improvement from a business perspective with regard to areas such as the use of business expenses and assuming accountability for development timelines. I hope to continue the dialogue and come up with some good solutions.

Don't be clowns. It's all in the link ffs.

Reactions: PS_ROCKS