Sony's Jim Ryan is confident the PS5 can sell at least 108 million units

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I never said there was no difference in output between xbox ONE and PS4. I just compared XBOX ONE vs XBOX SERIES first 3 years and concluded that there is no significant difference in output between them.

PS5 DE? You mean the one you could barely find for 2/3 years? To this day I have never seen one in stores. If the DE was widely available then yeah, its a no brainer. Sony should have made the DE its only SKU and cut the middleman.
So the Series S is a better product because less people wanted it? What are you smoking?

Oh.. I see you are against against discs...
max von sydow priest GIF

It's good hardware for the price, though. The problem is that below a certain bom cost the cuts you have to make to hardware specs becomes too severe to make a compelling product. Like, say what you want but the series s is way better than the same-prices switch. If they had taken just $50 more they could have put in 12gb of non split, higher bandwidth vram, 26 CU instead of 20 to make things way easier to translate games from series s to series x.
No it's not, use your brain and stop repeating PR lines.

How can the Series S with less storage, slower storage, less RAM, much slower RAM, much weaker GPU, be good value if the PS5 DE is only $100 more?

If you have to make too many sacrifices to hit a certain price point maybe you shouldn't. MS doomed their gen by releasing such a weak product and dragged every other publisher into this mess.

Last edited:
24 Jun 2022
Don't let welfare read that. We all know the series consoles have sold at least 45 billion units, and have a further 7 billion in stock. And that's US alone!

Funny thing is Welfare was the one on Twitter saying that (though in his case it was just about the US) 😂. I was surprised to see him even say it.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
It's good hardware for the price, though. The problem is that below a certain bom cost the cuts you have to make to hardware specs becomes too severe to make a compelling product. Like, say what you want but the series s is way better than the same-prices switch. If they had taken just $50 more they could have put in 12gb of non split, higher bandwidth vram, 26 CU instead of 20 to make things way easier to translate games from series s to series x.
Switch has a physical media drive and is therefore way better than every streaming/downloads-only device by default. Check and mate.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
So the Series S is a better product because less people wanted it? What are you smoking?

Oh.. I see you are against against discs...
max von sydow priest GIF

No it's not, use your brain and stop repeating PR lines.

How can the Series S with less storage, slower storage, less RAM, much slower RAM, much weaker GPU, be good value if the PS5 DE is only $100 more?

If you have to make too many sacrifices to hit a certain price point maybe you shouldn't. MS doomed their gen by releasing such a weak product and dragged every other publisher into this mess.
Lol read the rest of my post, we are in agreement that the series s sucks. I'm just saying that for a $299 price point those specs are about as good as you could get. That doesn't mean that it was a good idea to develop it targeting that price point.

• noneofmybizz
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Go ahead! It's my opinion. I'd love if they did. I want nothing but to see Playstation flourish to new heights. Maybe I'm being pessimistic because of recent events. I hope to be wrong. So sticky away

what do you mean recent events, read the comments on the spiderman 2 video most are very positive and hyped. the video has millions of views. For whatever reason inyternet forum users had a really negative reaction. I am not sure what a lot of people on forums were expecting?

Reactions: Yurinka

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
what do you mean recent events, read the comments on the spiderman 2 video most are very positive and hyped. the video has millions of views. For whatever reason inyternet forum users had a really negative reaction. I am not sure what a lot of people on forums were expecting?
Well I don't care about other people's reactions toSpiderman 2? I was referring to my disappointment with the conference, the shuttering of PixelOpus, The Deviation Games fallout, Factions being development hell, Visual Arts being gutted... So like I said maybe I'm being pessimistic and I have all right to feel that way.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
108 is low, if they dont sell more than 130 / 135, I'll be disappointed.
Jimbo didn't say he expects to sell 70M more. In a Q&A someone said that they estimate to sell at least 70M more and asked Jimbo if Sony agrees.

He said that yes, they expect to sell more than that and that in fact in some months PS5 will outsell launch aligned the PS4 (which means PS5 will become the fastest selling console ever).

Factions being development hell, Visual Arts being gutted... So like I said maybe I'm being pessimistic and I have all right to feel that way.
Yes, you and many people in this forum are being too pessimistic. Nothing leads to think Faction is in development hell, they simply had a delay, like most games have.

Nothing rare happened in Visual Arts, there's just a guy and maybe a few more fired, something normal in any company. He probably was working on the Deviation game or Factions in the part they considered wasn't good enough and took responsability.