Soooo when Microsoft stated during the CMA trial and publicly they would not take COD away from Playstation they weren't lying.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
There were other emails where he was giving only 3 years and we all know the plan was to buy so much of the market Sony would be forced to follow whatever Xbox wanted. This was discussed earlier in the multiple other threads.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
There were other emails where he was giving only 3 years and we all know the plan was to buy so much of the market Sony would be forced to follow whatever Xbox wanted. This was discussed earlier in the multiple other threads.
Yes, brute forcing and eating the market up. I know there were years mentioned but I'm wondering if this third party/publisher pivot was the plan all along.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Yes, brute forcing and eating the market up. I know there were years mentioned but I'm wondering if this third party/publisher pivot was the plan all along.
Never. Why would Phil wanted to be a Bobby Kotick? His fantasy was to be on top of a gaming empire and destroy Playstation along the way. He made Bethesda exclusive the next day and cancelled PS5 versions. No PS5 for Psychonauts, no upgrade for Hellblade. It's obvious his moves are not to be a third-party.

Customers rejected their vision so now they keep pivoting and doing whatever.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Never. Why would Phil wanted to be a Bobby Kotick? His fantasy was to be on top of a gaming empire and destroy Playstation along the way. He made Bethesda exclusive the next day and cancelled PS5 versions. No PS5 for Psychonauts, no upgrade for Hellblade. It's obvious his moves are not to be a third-party.

Customers rejected their vision so now they keep pivoting and doing whatever.
Yeah valid points. Things aren't working out the way they wanted them to so "if you can't beat them, join them"

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
They wanted to make COD exclusive they wanted to make Zenimax & ABK games exclusive but after seeing Gamepass growth miss target 3 years in a row & it not growing & console sales lacking behind Xbox one MS higher ups probably seeing the 10 of millions of potential sales w starfield & halo that could made just by releasing it on PS I’m not even counting the 10s of millions of sales on Nintendo this new strategy is to make money at the cost of console sales

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
They wanted to make COD exclusive they wanted to make Zenimax & ABK games exclusive but after seeing Gamepass growth miss target 3 years in a row & it not growing & console sales lacking behind Xbox one MS higher ups probably seeing the 10 of millions of potential sales w starfield & halo that could made just by releasing it on PS I’m not even counting the 10s of millions of sales on Nintendo this new strategy is to make money at the cost of console sales
Yeah I believe so was playing devils advocate though bcus you never know.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
It's crazy that the EU was right that MS buying Activision would reduce competition but didn't realize it would reduce competition bc it would kill Xbox.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
It's crazy that the EU was right that MS buying Activision would reduce competition but didn't realize it would reduce competition bc it would kill Xbox.
Seriously lol.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
They were always going to do what best for MS and not what fans wanted. It was always obvious that removing games that sell much more on PlayStation wasn't viable.

Xbox management is stupid enough to to have believed that if they made these big games exclusives people would flock to Xbox but Starfield showed that that isn't the case at all. Somehow Starfield release made Xbox sales decrease. :ROFLMAO:

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022
Xbox management is stupid enough to to have believed that if they made these big games exclusives people would flock to Xbox but Starfield showed that that isn't the case at all. Somehow Starfield release made Xbox sales decrease. :ROFLMAO:
I have a feeling that the word "quality" is absent from the vocabulary over at MS Campus.