(Speculation) Marvel's Wolverine will not arrive b4 April 2025 Doubling down on the no major established 1st party ps exclusive games until 2025

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Just watch how it will be new mythology. Norse saga is over. That's why they cut short from trilogy to two games. They multiple times said that.
Well, what do you mean by over? Valhalla showed that a lot of the characters are sticking around, Tyr and Frey especially have deepened their bonds with Kratos a lot.

They need to move on from this limped universe
What do you mean by limped?

Umar

Veteran
20 Jun 2022
PSN ID
Progamer265446
What about Concord? Even with that it still looks a pretty dry year for ps studios for the next year

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Well, what do you mean by over? Valhalla showed that a lot of the characters are sticking around, Tyr and Frey especially have deepened their bonds with Kratos a lot.

Go, and read Barlog etc interviews. Like i can't remember specifics from 2-3 years old articles.
They clearly stated as they connecting 2 and 3rd game together to finish Norse saga earlier, that they could move on to other mythologies, like Egypt.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
even reddit was doubting the website's article. It was all over the place and contradicts more reliable insiders.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Concord seems way further off than Marathon. Where’s the 2024 speculation coming from? Marathon was gonna come this year, it still might but bet is Feb 2025.

I have no issue with Sony just riding third party partnerships. Most of my favorite stuff come that way. This is also an issue of semantics because who the frick knows what that comment truly meant. We won’t find out yet either.

I don’t remember when Sony fans became like Nintendo fans but I’m assuming it’s late gen ps3 that started it. PlayStation is were third parties shined brightest historically and the exclusive internal stuff wasn’t why you had one.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I thought that was expected. I thought it was 2026?
2025 for Wolverine would be damn awesome. Again even 2026 mean 3 years between there last AAA game (Spiderman 2) Insomniac is doing something right if they release it by 2025/2026/ This is how every studio should work

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KvallyX

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
no, Valhalla DLC already confirmed they're staying in the Norse realm...
Really. I havent played it yet. There staying in Norse? They should move on. Odin and Thor are done. They are the most well known Norse Gods

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
the new GoW game isn't in a new mythology
Sony Santa Monica said publicly that with God of War Ragnarok is the game that closes the nordic arc, that we shouldn't expect dlcs for it and that in the next GoW game Kratos will move to a new mythology.

Last edited:

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Go, and read Barlog etc interviews. Like i can't remember specifics from 2-3 years old articles.
They clearly stated as they connecting 2 and 3rd game together to finish Norse saga earlier, that they could move on to other mythologies, like Egypt.
Really. I havent played it yet. There staying in Norse? They should move on. Odin and Thor are done. They are the most well known Norse Gods
Sony Santa Monica said publicly that with God of War Ragnarok they close the nordic arc, that we shouldn't expect dlcs for it and that in the next GoW game Kratos will move to a new mythology.
@Yurinka when did they say that? There's still alot left to explore in Norse realm, Tyr, Freya, Thrudd, Angrboda, the Valkyries, Sindri, etc

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Concord seems way further off than Marathon. Where’s the 2024 speculation coming from? Marathon was gonna come this year, it still might but bet is Feb 2025.

I have no issue with Sony just riding third party partnerships. Most of my favorite stuff come that way. This is also an issue of semantics because who the frick knows what that comment truly meant. We won’t find out yet either.

I don’t remember when Sony fans became like Nintendo fans but I’m assuming it’s late gen ps3 that started it. PlayStation is were third parties shined brightest historically and the exclusive internal stuff wasn’t why you had one.

Considering the Marathon trailer showed clips similar to actual gameplay, and Concord only showed a brief concept teaser, I totally agree. But the Concord trailer ends with "Coming 2024" and Bloomberg reported Marathon has slipped to 2025 following layoffs at Bungie. So while it doesn't seem credible that Concord could make 2024, that's still the info we have afaik.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
@Yurinka when did they say that? There's still alot left to explore in Norse realm, Tyr, Freya, Thrudd, Angrboda, the Valkyries, Sindri, etc
yeah, we all lying.

main character is Kratos and his journey, everything else mentioned are just small cogs. Kratos journey in Norse is over.
unless he is going to be a farmer? spinoff some sort of Kratos : the Farmer..

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023

Norse is done with the two games.
yeah, we all lying.

main character is Kratos and his journey, everything else mentioned are just small cogs. Kratos journey in Norse is over.
Calm down, I didnt say anyone is lying. I'm just saying there's a lot of loose ends to tie up. And those characters aren't cogs....

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023

Because they cut corners to get to Ragnarok and then when it happened it was anti-climatic and limped. Just move on already since they already wasted what was meant to be the high of the mythology.

KvallyX

Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
I thought that was expected. I thought it was 2026?
2025 for Wolverine would be damn awesome. Again even 2026 mean 3 years between there last AAA game (Spiderman 2) Insomniac is doing something right if they release it by 2025/2026/ This is how every studio should work
IF this leaked document from Insomniac is correct, Wolverine appears to be 2026. I don't know if this was confirmed as a legit slide though.

83vSaBf.jpg

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Concord seems way further off than Marathon. Where’s the 2024 speculation coming from?
It isn't speculation, Concord was oficially announced as a 2024 game. Sony never said they delayed it, so continues being oficially a 2024 game.

They never announced any date for Marathon when they announced it, but some years ago they mentioned that after Destiny by 2025 they wanted to release at least a new IP. Adding maybe a year of delay, would make sense to expect a 2025 release for Marathon.

IF this leaked document from Insomniac is correct, Wolverine appears to be 2026. I don't know if this was confirmed as a legit slide though.

83vSaBf.jpg
There are multiple roadmaps leaked from Insomniac having different dates for Wolverine (in some appears as 2025, in others as 2026) and Venom (in some it doesn't appear, in others appears as 2025 and in others as 2027).

Several of these roadmaps could be proposals or pitches, not confirmed ones. But in game development roadmaps get also periodically tweaked, almost always to delay release dates.

So I think the most likely dates are the ones that put each game in a more distant date (Wolverine 2026 and Venom -if greenlighted, I assume yes- 2027).

yeah, we all lying.

Breaking news! Here you have a leaked screenshot of the next GoW with Kratos as farmer:

image.png

Eric Williams and Cory Barlog and some other SSM member mentioned in multiple interviews or podcasts that Ragnarok was going to be the last game of the Norse arc, specially around or after the release of the game.

At some point they mentioned that originally the Norse arc were going to be 3 games but Cory thought that it was going to take a ton of time and that he wanted to work in more stuff before retiring, so managed to explain all they wanted to say about the Norse arc in Ragnarok.

Around that time they also mentioned no DLCs planned for Ragnarok, and that they wanted to move Kratos to a new mythology with the next game.

I did a quick search to find the exact quote saying the thing about the next game but I didn't find it because there are a ton of articles speculating about potential future mythologies hinted in GoW 2018, GoWR and Valhalla: Egypt, Mexico (Mayan/Aztec etc), Japan (Shinto), China, India, Celtic...

If you ask me, I think Egypt is the one with more potential but they were going to use it for GoW 2018 and replaced it with the Norse because of Cory's family. Each SSM game has a new director, so maybe they put some guy with latinamerican origins due to diversity stuff and they choose Aztec to appeal the latino audience from USA plus also white signalling to the woke for diversity stuff.

I think this mythology would be fresh because has been used very little in games, and also in terms of lore could match perfectly because its mithology has giants and the first known European folks to arrive to Latin America were nordic. Also, the dark skinned girl being a giant could fit with making her from Latin America, Egypt or Indian mythologies (colored powder reminds me of India).

Regarding lore, there are connections that could perfectly put it basically everywhere, mostly with Mayan, Egiptian and Shinto/Japan. But having GoT, Rise of the Ronin plus many other 3rd party games set in ancient Japan I assume they'll chase something else more unique and different, and I think Egypt or Mayan would be the best choices.

Regarding Jörmungandr, many mythologies and religions have a snake (sometimes giant) as creator or in an important role between their deities. And could use him as excuse for space-time travelling to any mythology they want.

Last edited:
24 Jun 2022
This isn't really a rumor; the target date was already leaked in the Insomniac files hack. Combined with Sony's official statement on planned software for 2024 1P-wise (internal studios), and the fact that a game like Wolverine launching during the first three or so months of 2025 was already pretty low, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to speculate that the game won't release before April 2025.

Also that Reddit thread is tardcum; it was said there would be no sequels to ESTABLISHED big 1P AAA franchises this year or upcoming FY, that is NOT the same thing as there being no 1P releases at all, even if just talking exclusives. Those are two different things and of course, some people are just showing the limits of their brain capacity I guess :/