Speculation - PixelOpus are making a Ghostbusters game

kyliethicc

Knack Ambassador
21 Jun 2022
Seems pretty likely that PixelOpus are making a Ghostbusters game

Their next game is "... a collaboration with Sony Pictures Animation.”

PixelOpus took a company trip to a Ghostbusters film (for research?) and sharing it on their social. 10/10 lol

And Sony Pictures Animation are making an animated Ghostbusters movie

"Last June, it was officially announced that Sony Pictures Animation was developing the first animated film adaptation of the Ghostbusters franchise"

Easy way for Sony to get some money out of their smallest least successful team.
Make a licensed movie tie in game.
Fits with this new era of PlayStation Productions and cross media

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
United Kingdom
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
@kyliethicc
Excited Season 2 GIF by The Office

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
I mean we've known that they are working with SPA for awhile now, and we've known SPA is doing Ghost Busters for awhile now, I don't necessarily buy it.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I really enjoyed the first Ghostbusters game from 2009. It should have been a classic but sadly it was kind of forgotten.

If Pixelopus is working on Ghostbusters I hope they use the 2009 game as a template instead of the coop mp game.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
A Ghostbuster game could be really amazing... some of the blueprint is there with Luigi's Mansion.

Could be a mix of that with a few other key ideas thrown in to make it really addictive and rewarding.

Hopefully it will use the original characters.

OP
OP
kyliethicc

kyliethicc

Knack Ambassador
21 Jun 2022
Hopefully this is not another service model game, where 4 people chase another person as a ghost.
nah, whatever it is they're described it as a action adventure game

sounds like a normal singleplayer story game

from various job postings for their game:

"Our ideal candidate is an expert in the areas of hero control/mechanics, enemy design, AI behaviors, combat/weapons, class design, skills/progression, and boss encounters."

"You will be responsible for the creation of Level pacing that emphasizes Encounter, Puzzle, Exploration and Narrative pacing."

D

Deleted member 417

a 'lost vikings' style game would be cool. Where each character has their own unique talent and you need each one to get through the level. Or a streets of rage style sidescrolling beat em up?

Hopefully not just a 3rd person co-op game in a ghostbuster skin. Make it unique and gritty.

Reactions: Bryank75

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Why bother now after giving the Ghostbusters IP to shitty developers before this.

Angie

Forum Veteran
5 Jul 2022
That is actually a great guess.

I always assumed they would be working on a Spiderverse game.

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75