Spider-Man 2 and Wolverine may be featuring brand new dialogue technology, based on the latest information.

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
Insomniac Games and Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 and Wolverine may be featuring brand new dialogue technology, based on the latest information.

Speaking during a live stream session on Insomniac Games’ official Twitch channel, lead engine programmer Elan Ruskin revealed that the studio’s next game, likely Marvel’s Spider-Man 2 and possibly even Wolverine, will feature some “very cool” dialogue technology.
As for what this new dialogue technology does is unknown for now. It’s likely that the studio will show it off during the rumored pre-E3 2023 PlayStation showcase alongside other first-party projects that are in development. According to Jeff Grubb, who is known for his connections in the game industry, Sony is saving its “good stuff” for the PlayStation Showcase that, according to him, is set to happen sometime before E3 2023.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Well, if it's in Spider-man, then it should be in Wolverine also.

Spider-man wears his mask a lot so that cuts down how much this animation stuff needs to be used I guess but Logans mouth is visible all the time.

Reactions: AniWeeb

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Well, if it's in Spider-man, then it should be in Wolverine also.

Spider-man wears his mask a lot so that cuts down how much this animation stuff needs to be used I guess but Logans mouth is visible all the time.
They should offer a classic spiderman look option!
Spider-Man Hello GIF by MOODMAN

That would save a lot of animator work!

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Saw this earlier but seemed like non news. It didnt really say shit.
This is called pre-news. The cycle is:

Rumors
Announcing the announcement
Pre-news/teasing what may be in (or in the case of Xbox setting expectations)
Making the announcement/event
YouTube Rractions to the thing
Forum meltdowns/hype
Previews
Reviews
Release
Metacritic watch
Backlash for downgrades
Playing

I almost forgot, there is a straight to gamepass line as well, just like there was a straight to VHS path.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
They should offer a classic spiderman look option!
Spider-Man Hello GIF by MOODMAN

That would save a lot of animator work!
I'd probably use it all the time. Like when the donut Drake character came out for Uncharted that's all I played with. In Fortnite my favorite skin was the rubber duck too 🤣🤣 I'm a weirdo like that.

Zeroing

Veteran
6 Jul 2022
I doubt it would be a showcase but maybe a State of Play with a mix of 1st/2nd/3rd party which will most likely include Spider-man, FF16
Or maybe a State of Play just for Spider-Man 2 like they did with other PS games in the past.
As always its just guesswork and wait and see.
Yeah something small like with a deep look into the game or a reminder of what games will launch soon.
I think if Sony wanted to do a big showcase with and I quote “the good stuff” they would do it after E3 and after MS showcase.

Reactions: TubzGaming

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
As long as it's not branching dialogue aka press X, Square or triangle on a wheel I'm good with whatever.