Spider-Man 2 Dev Promises Fix After Fans Spot Cuban Flag in Puerto Rican Miles Morales' House - IGN

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

1698067649991.png

Redditor TheHouselessTurtle spotted the Cuban flag inside and outside of Morales' apartment. Both Miles and his mother Rio are Puerto Rican.

Can anybody explain why there is a Cuban flag inside and outside of the Miles Morales apartment when he and Rio are Puerto Ricans?" TheHouselessTurtle asked. "And very proud about it in the previous game."

Others noticed too, and took to social media to bring attention to the mistake.

While the Cuban and Puerto Rican flags are similar in design, they use different colours. It’s a clear mistake, one Insomniac is working on a fix for. "Fix is coming for that," James Stevenson, Director, Community and Marketing at Insomniac, tweeted in response to a fan who had pointed out the error.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022

View attachment 2825

Redditor TheHouselessTurtle spotted the Cuban flag inside and outside of Morales' apartment. Both Miles and his mother Rio are Puerto Rican.

Can anybody explain why there is a Cuban flag inside and outside of the Miles Morales apartment when he and Rio are Puerto Ricans?" TheHouselessTurtle asked. "And very proud about it in the previous game."

Others noticed too, and took to social media to bring attention to the mistake.

While the Cuban and Puerto Rican flags are similar in design, they use different colours. It’s a clear mistake, one Insomniac is working on a fix for. "Fix is coming for that," James Stevenson, Director, Community and Marketing at Insomniac, tweeted in response to a fan who had pointed out the error.

I would have put a Zambian flag in there.

1698069339204.png

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Good on them.
Imagine if he's brazilian and the house has an Argentina flag? Makes no sense lol.
Yeah ppl on reddit and elsewhere are like"oh not a big deal" yes it is! They just saying tht because they are not Puertorican. I bet they said the same shit when Trump said "aren't Puertoricans Mexican" or something like tht smh.

Last edited:
Reactions: GrayWolf323

MaxParrish

8 Jan 2023
Seems like pretty weak sauce for an article on IGN ? The texture artist confonded the PuertoRican flag with a very similar one, the error goes unnoticed by QA and the developers promise to correct the error once it has been signaled .... it's hardly newsworthy

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Seems like pretty weak sauce for an article on IGN ? The texture artist confonded the PuertoRican flag with a very similar one, the error goes unnoticed by QA and the developers promise to correct the error once it has been signaled .... it's hardly newsworthy
Oh no it is and for many they take that personal, although it was obviously mistake. This occurred in the Mile's game as well so their oversight or incompetence deserves to be put to light in that regard. People take their heritage to heart and how it's represented often.

Reactions: GrayWolf323

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Oh no it is and for many they take that personal, although it was obviously mistake. This occurred in the Mile's game as well so their oversight or incompetence deserves to be put to light in that regard. People take their heritage to heart and how it's represented often.
Not to mention their backing of NexusMods banning all mods that change the pride flags in the PC Spider-Man making it seem like flags were VERY important to them, then fucking this up.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Not to mention their backing of NexusMods banning all mods that change the pride flags in the PC Spider-Man making it seem like flags were VERY important to them, then fucking this up.
Wow good point! That really bypassed me.

Shit Puertoricans are very prideful we always have like three flags on us or in the house somewhere Lol we don't play that.

Case in point, that's my balcony lol

Attachments

• 20231023_141040.jpg
    20231023_141040.jpg
    566.9 KB · Views: 2

MaxParrish

8 Jan 2023
I don't think it happened in MM. In it there were also Puertorican flags, but they were right since day one. And again , people noticed the mistake in SP2 and signaled via Twitter to the developers which admitted the error and promised to patch it soon. It isn't really a big thing and it still doesn't seem to me article material, but whatever...

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I don't think it happened in MM. In it there were also Puertorican flags, but they were right since day one. And again , people noticed the mistake in SP2 and signaled via Twitter to the developers which admitted the error and promised to patch it soon. It isn't really a big thing and it still doesn't seem to me article material, but whatever...
It happened, i was in a reddit discussion and almost everyone pointed it out.