Spider-man 2 first week sales prediction!

How many copies? (No take back)

• 1 mil

• 2 mil

• 3 mil

• 4 mil

• 5 mil

• 6 mil

• 10x Starfield

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
How much a game sells really shouldn't have to be a concern.
Back in the day, gaming was so niche, we just enjoyed whatever we liked without much care for economics. 🤷‍♂️
As long as it sells enough to support the studio making the stuff, I agree. It’s gotten so weird.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
How much a game sells really shouldn't have to be a concern.
Back in the day, gaming was so niche, we just enjoyed whatever we liked without much care for economics. 🤷‍♂️

You can’t really put that toothpaste back in the tube. ThRees a lot of stuff we didn’t pay attention to or care about when we were younger, like reviews in general. All gaming outlets post about sales, all forums talk about sales, and we know bad sales or underperforming games get studios shuttered or games cancelled.

To be surprised that theres a hyper focus on gaming sales in enthusiast spaces in 2023 is bizarre

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
You can’t really put that toothpaste back in the tube. ThRees a lot of stuff we didn’t pay attention to or care about when we were younger, like reviews in general. All gaming outlets post about sales, all forums talk about sales, and we know bad sales or underperforming games get studios shuttered or games cancelled.

To be surprised that theres a hyper focus on gaming sales in enthusiast spaces in 2023 is bizarre
I'm mad Bloodborne didn't sell more because of it did I'd be playing Bloodborne 2 right now 😢

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
I'd like to see it smash all of those records. 10 mil week one.
Starship Troopers GIF

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022

I dunno I cared about reviews when I was a kid. GamePro with those zany cartoon heads, or the scores given by E. Storm and Nick Rox of GameFan.

Had zero info on sales though and it didn't matter. Just wanted things to be fun. Still do.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
I dunno I cared about reviews when I was a kid. GamePro with those zany cartoon heads, or the scores given by E. Storm and Nick Rox of GameFan.

Had zero info on sales though and it didn't matter. Just wanted things to be fun. Still do.

I realistically did not care about reviews. I didn’t buy magazines just for reviews, and i didn’t rent games based on a score in one magazine or something. There was no consolidation of reviews, and it wasnt until IGN got popular that people started using them as a primary metric.

The majority of games i played growing up were blind rentals or purchased them because they had cool box art or belong to a popular franchise like final fantasy, mega man , sonic , zelda, mario, etc.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Last edited:
  • fire
Reactions: SLB1904

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
8m first week 😎🔥

It will do more than Ragnarok easily.
Caters to casuals + significantly larger PS5 install base + coming off of the hype of an amazing Spider-Man film + glowing reviews = massive success!

Even my cousins that only play Madden and CoD will be picking up Spider-Man 2.

• fire
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I realistically did not care about reviews. I didn’t buy magazines just for reviews, and i didn’t rent games based on a score in one magazine or something. There was no consolidation of reviews, and it wasnt until IGN got popular that people started using them as a primary metric.

The majority of games i played growing up were blind rentals or purchased them because they had cool box art or belong to a popular franchise like final fantasy, mega man , sonic , zelda, mario, etc.
Yeah I do agree with you on the box art stuff. When I was under 10 that was a huge part of it. Just browsing the stores and having no idea what’s out there, it all felt like pure discovery.

Good times and something that doesn’t really exist now.

I think the review score thing started more for me after the snes launch and paying more attention to the magazines I mentioned.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Box art helped, and having a big liscense (Jurassic Park, Lion King, etc.) but the real seller for me as a kid was game kiosks. Stuff like DKC 2 or Banjo Kazooie was sold to me in the store on a tv.

• Informative
Reactions: Gods&Monsters