Spider Man 2 Releases on October 20, Cover Art Revealed, Venom and Pre Order Bonuses Revealed | Summer Game Fest 2023

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Because there is a ps5 digital edition. Pretty simple

So the idea is to charge premium for no disc? Glad to see the excuses for shitty anti-consumer behaviour just keep piling up.

They could make a disc and discless version. For 300 quid, they could very well offer 2 copies of the game. But nah, excuses.

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
Digital PS5? Can they slide in disc? This could be their reasoning but it is stupid. Digital gamers rearly buys physical things.
More than anything it's just pure greed.

The perfect excuse. And the reason why I'm not getting collectors editions anymore. One of them.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
The perfect excuse. And the reason why I'm not getting collectors editions anymore. One of them.
i agree. it just greed. shame really.
Embarrassed Shame GIF

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Darth Vader

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
So the idea is to charge premium for no disc? Glad to see the excuses for shitty anti-consumer behaviour just keep piling up.

They could make a disc and discless version. For 300 quid, they could very well offer 2 copies of the game. But nah, excuses.
They could increase the price. You think you would get 2 copies lmfao

Get a grip blud. This is for collectors. You can ignore instead of throwing a tantrum

Reactions: Hezekiah

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
They could increase the price. You think you would get 2 copies lmfao

Get a grip blud. This is for collectors. You can ignore instead of throwing a tantrum

Am me, being a collector, would like to get a disc with an edition that costs 300 quid. Apparently that makes me entitled lol.

Also, collectors editions for PS games were under 200 quid back in 2020, they are now reaching 300 quid minus the damn disc. They have increased the price and reduced the content.

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
Am me, being a collector, would like to get a disc with an edition that costs 300 quid. Apparently that makes me entitled lol.

Also, collectors editions for PS games were under 200 quid back in 2020, they are now reaching 300 quid minus the damn disc. They have increased the price and reduced the content.
How do you price a collectors item?
If you think the statue or whatever crap that comes with it is worth it, buy it. That fuck you crying for?

Yes you are acting entitled like they own you shit.

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
The whole premise of collectors and collecting is having physical possession of things, including the physical game (in whichever format, disc or cart). Video game collector - key word "video game"... not Digital Download Paper Code Collector.

Say that as a former video game collector (Nintendo, SNES, PS1). There is no rationale or spin to excuse an obvious, and intentional choice (not an oversight). Total BS - greed, laziness, don't care attitude all boiled into one. Don't go bat for a corp or a decision that you had nothing to do with just to argue with someone online - the fuck?

Quit collecting myself, and sold most of it but it obviously sucks for those that still do to see shit like this. Those in charge of making these layered offerings at Insomniac fucked up (intentionally)... simple as.

Last edited:

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
How do you price a collectors item?
If you think the statue or whatever crap that comes with it is worth it, buy it. That fuck you crying for?

Yes you are acting entitled like they own you shit.

Again, collectors editions cost below 200 for quite a while. Since 2020, they increased to now reach 300 and stopped including a game.

You need to take Jim Ryan's cock out of your mouth, not everything Sony does is gold, and they are in the wrong with this shit.

Darth Vader

Founder
20 Jun 2022
The whole premise of collectors and collecting is having physical possession of things, including the physical game (in whichever format, disc or cart). Video game collector - key word "video game"... not Digital Download Paper Code Collector.

Say that as a former video game collector (Nintendo, SNES, PS1). There is no rationale or spin to excuse an obvious, and intentional choice (not an oversight). Total BS - greed, laziness, don't care attitude all boiled into one. Don't go bat for a corp or a decision that you had nothing to do with just to argue with someone online - the fuck?

Quit collecting myself, and sold most of it but it obviously sucks for those that still do to see shit like this. Those in charge of making these layered offerings at Insomniac fucked up (intentionally)... simple as.

This.