Spider-Man 2 will have a 30 fps, 40 fps, and 60 fps mode. All with ray-tracing. Also ign article.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I can see someone being very butthurt by this:

Mike Fitzgerald, Director of Core Technology: For us, this is really a culmination of everything we've learned about developing for this console. We did Spider-Man Remastered, Miles Morales, and Ratchet and Clank. And so as our fourth title for the PS5, we've really gotten to leverage everything we've seen in developing those games. Our performance mode for this title is as ray tracing on by default. We've really expanded that ray tracing, ray trace reflections throughout the game. It's on the water and the oceans and really gives more realistic picture everywhere.

MF: So I think I want to say for those titles, we had Fidelity Mode, which had the full 4K in ray trace reflections, and then we had a performance mode which turned the ray tracing off and rendered at a lower resolution. And then we were able to add I think around launch, if not just after the performance RT mode as we called it, which was trying to be the best of both. And for this game we're really able to deliver that as a baseline performance mode. There's no mode of this game that has the ray tracing turned off, no need for it. We've really figured out how to deliver what we feel like is the right Spider-Man picture and visuals and we want to make sure every player is seeing that.

We've done a bunch of work in terms of lighting. Our lighting engine has gotten a lot of passes and changes. We've done a lot of work on what our street lighting looks like and how that works and what the material responses are. We've gotten a better handle on ray tracing and more things being able to be ray traced and supported and built up through that.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
that's really impressive. never thought consoles would be able to handle 60fps ray tracing this gen. WTF u doing on PC AMD?

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
So technically nothing out yet?
On the exclusive side the medium I believe had RT reflections and Gears 5 had some bs software RT. Meanwhile Sony had Spiderman 1 with RT in game. Astros playroom, Forspoken has some form of it and others. Also a few multiplats games that use RT on both.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
that's really impressive. never thought consoles would be able to handle 60fps ray tracing this gen. WTF u doing on PC AMD?
Yeah, it is and I'm sure performance is really up there as well which will make it mean something. Sony devs abd engineers just know how to do shit better abd their apus are more efficient from what I've seen all these years.

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
I do wonder how it got implement though.

RT RTGI, Reflection, Shadows, or all of them.

Reflection is confirmed.