Spiderman 2 Pro Tip! *Disable Film grain*! It is bugged and causes weird visual glitches; grids/flashing/hatching in sky etc.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I was experiencing weird graphical glitches in sky and other large areas of similar textures and FX right from the start of the game. Like a grid or cross-hatch flashing on and off.
After playing with all the settings, it is the Film Grain doing it. Turn that straight to "0" and it seems to fully resolve.

I am running at 120hz VRR Fidelity on a Samsung Q90R but this issue persisted across other Video settings....

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
I usually turn them off in all games i play, film grain, chromatic abb, motion blur. Turn all them shits off and run the game on Fidelity, vrr smooth, profit.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Film grain is like the only effect I don’t hate. In particular in games without the best aliasing techniques. Currently film grain is the only tunable post processing effect I have on in the ps5 build of cyberpunk.

Depends on how heavy it is and I’ve seen a handful of games give options to fuss with film grain density etc…

Seems there might be some visual bugs for launch build. I’ve seen a lot of mixed opinions on it so far. I’m sure the game looks stunning but analyze still images with a microscope so whatever

(Ps motion blur is the dumbest shit ever)