Spooky Season: The Halloween thread

Monkeyclaw

29 May 2024
As the title already gives away, Halloween is around the corner.

What are your go to Halloween games or which games with Halloween themed events do you recommend each other?

Me as a scared little shit don't play horror or scary games normally but at Halloween I always try some scary stuff.

I can recommend Chuxie on PC for guaranteed stained underwear (in my case) Im scared easily and this game literally made me lose my shit a couple of times.
Actually screaming so hard my GF burst into the room and started laughing at me.....

Maybe if not obvious enough it would be handy to state the platform so fellow gamers know if its available for them. :)

Happy spooking!

Last edited:
  • party
Reactions: Bryank75

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Right now, all I have planned is to play Dead Space remake and the og Until Dawn if I can get to it.

I'm excited to play both, heard a lot of good things about Dead Space.

As far as new games go ... I think a lot of people would be recommending Silent Hill 2 ATM...

DarkLordOtaku

18 Oct 2024
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
Horror games are a personal favorite of mine. I make it a policy of stocking up on them throughout the year, and playing them in bulk for the Halloween season. So far, I've played the following this October:

Darkwood
The Evil Within
Fran Bow
Silent Hill 2 (remake)
Mundaun

I'm about to launch Detention and try that out next.

As for games, I'd definitely recommend people try this Halloween Season:
Resident Evil (any of the games, you can't go wrong)
Deadspace Remake
Dredge
Hellblade
Plague Tale
Silent Hill 2 Remake

Also, it's something of a hidden gem, in my opinion, but if you're a fan of eldritch horror, Excavation of Hobs Barrow is a pretty unknown point and click adventure.

There are so many others I'd like to recommend, but I don't want to make this post too lengthy.