Square Enix: Focused strategy - less mid sized, more larger AAA console games

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Their AA games have always been a bit average.

For exampe valkyrie elyseum and star ocean last year for me didn't feel like it excelled in anything, everything from the world, combat and story just felt mediocre.

I'm not expecting AAA quality in anything, but there has to be something the game really does well in even for AA.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Takashi guy deleted his last post and posting the same again.
F25UPELXUAEd-XZ

What the fuck is this guy's problem?

Mochizuki's?

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I can’t remember Pachter making an accurate prediction at any point ever in his career.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
the level design is pretty unambitious, Paper thin gameplay/combat. Story....anime garbaggio trying to be all "mature" and shit.

every entry is a step backwards.

i blame Square Enix and their absolute incompetence at building the necessary technology to make a proper FF possible.

Let's see you make a better game

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
As squares stock collapses you’d think Sony would be smart enough to buy stocks or just buy them but they’ll sit on the sidelines as their best body takes the fall for them so MS or tencent can pick up the pieces in a year from now.
Why should we care if Sony doesn't care?

If Sony thinks Horizon games, R&C and Fairgame$ are enougth let them find out the hard way when they get obliterated a few years from now.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
The good part is that FFXVI looks to have break even with 3 million sales even if Square Enix did hope for more.

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
As squares stock collapses you’d think Sony would be smart enough to buy stocks or just buy them but they’ll sit on the sidelines as their best body takes the fall for them so MS or tencent can pick up the pieces in a year from now.
Who told you Sony doesn't have square stocks? Even I had square stocks at some point 😆

You clearly aren't familiar with hiw stocks work

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
the level design is pretty unambitious, Paper thin gameplay/combat. Story....anime garbaggio trying to be all "mature" and shit.

every entry is a step backwards.

i blame Square Enix and their absolute incompetence at building the necessary technology to make a proper FF possible.
I loved best final fantasy I ever play. I'm playing 7 and the combat ain't that good. Ironically feels more button mashing than 16 😆

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
I wonder why they are focusing on big games🤔

I hope they keep getting that Sony budget

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
These companies should follow Capcom approach: Just live from your classics.

Finish VII Remake
Start working on VI remake
Then Xenogears remake
Vagrant Story HD remaster as a side project
Then parasite eve remake.
Then IX Remake

You just have to give people what they want. Final fantasy has been on a downward spiral since 10. Just quit trying already.

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022

Finish VII Remake
Then Xenogears remake
Then IX Remake

You just have to give people what they want. Final fantasy has been on a downward spiral since 10. Just quit trying already.
In what part of you little brain thought final fantasy is on downward spiral after ff7, 14 and 16?

None of those games you name will ever be as popular as the next AAA ff. Stop this forced doom and gloom is cringy

ChorizoPicozo

Veteran
1 Jul 2022

Finish VII Remake
Then Xenogears remake
Then IX Remake

they dont have the technology, talent or vision.