Square Enix goes multiplatform, focus on quality then quantity

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
Persona 3 reloaded is better than anything sony has made in the last 10 years.
An emoji is not enough:

The Office Lol GIF

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
This multiplatform push games will not even release well into the ps6 generation. The 3rd part of the ff7 remake will be a timed exclusive as well. KH4 and DQ12 were always multiplatform lol. They released slop like infinity strash, forespoken etc etc. I guess they want FF to become a 10 million launch month seller but the series has never achieved that in the past

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
I guess they want FF to become a 10 million launch month seller but the series has never achieved that in the past
And FF13 and FF15 are considered to be the reasons why people lost faith in the series.

I also find it kind of funny that people are pointing to "Sony is to blame", without mentioned that this FY also saw the expensive port of FFXIV on Series consoles which flopped hard.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
And FF13 and FF15 are considered to be the reasons why people lost faith in the series.

I also find it kind of funny that people are pointing to "Sony is to blame", without mentioned that this FY also saw the expensive port of FFXIV on Series consoles which flopped hard.
13 really did a number for the FF series as a whole although I do like the 13 trilogy. 12 was the peak of FF in terms of both critical recognition, sales and being a part of the cultural zeitgeist. 15 was altogether a complete shitshow. Square fumbled FF in ps3 and ps4 gen till FF7 remake, it will take the same amount of time to build up the prestige- 3 years is too short.

Coming to FF on xbox- it will never make money, the xbots always want FF but never buy it or play it

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Persona 3 reloaded is better than anything sony has made in the last 10 years.
It's a 1:1 remake with very few changes (unlike FF7R) of a PS2 game. The other half of the game is sold as DLC 🤡

It's funny how you're all acting like it's the new hot shit. We played that 20 years ago 🤣

Even Persona 5 is from 2016. On PS3!

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023

People didn't lose faith, the main series just never increased in sales. Both ff13 and Xv did around 10 million sales which is good but not great

FFXIV has sold like 23 million copies

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
I know, but the Xbox port surely wasn't for free (unless Microsoft paid in full for it, which I doubt), and there it flopped hard

Of course MS paid for it, why else would they release it on their dying platform