Square Enix Will Be a Part of the Xbox Showcase, It’s Claimed

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Just know that the $1 you pay for the trial increases in price after two weeks and eventually it'll be taken off Gamepass like most games eventually are. I for one don't want game publishers to be able to take my games away
If you copy what green rats do you get 3 months for $5 or something like that, that is what I did with Persona 3 Reload.

There was a time when you actually would regularly get $1 3 months deals and other absurd stuff like that, Gamepass never made any sense for anyone paying attention.

On PC it takes 30 second to create a new email and get one of these trials, they were always just inflating numbers to look good for shareholders and hit their bonus milestones.

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
I sell most of my discs
Unrelated to the topic but this hurts me as someone who still owns the same PS2 and GBA games from my childhood
I dont get people that sell their games and consoles. Don't you eventually wanna go back and play it again?

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: 2spooky5me

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Unrelated to the topic but this hurts me as someone who still owns the same PS2 and GBA games from my childhood
I dont get people that sell their games and consoles. Don't you eventually wanna go back and play it again?
I can just buy them again if I'm ever going to replay them and for me it's extremely easy to sell and get most of my money back. I just finished FFVII Rebirth, when will I ever have 150h to replay it?

Sometime I don't sell out of laziness but usually it's a good move specially if you have PS+ (which I plan on not having going forward so keeping the discs might become more attractive to me).

saltyashell

11 Feb 2024
Owning a game is better than renting it on GamePass. There is more value in something you can access whenever you want and sell it when you're done than a subscription service that changes its library every so often
You may be right, but Microsoft has socialized about 30+ million gamepass subscribers to see subscription models of gaming as the norm. They've devalued the medium and stupid developers like Square are excited to throw their hat in the ring and devalue their IP by putting them on gamepass as it likely seems.

Reactions: Diah

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
it's claimed?

who cares now? this happens all the time. SE on xbox, hype is huge, end up getting some weird low tier game.
i will wait for showcase. this is just another attempt to rile up the people.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
So its all but confirmed at this point that Midori is just a clearinghouse account, right? Whatever bullshit backstory "she" has is surely fake.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
So its all but confirmed at this point that Midori is just a clearinghouse account, right? Whatever bullshit backstory "she" has is surely fake.
Probably. Backstory is more thn likely bs and we'd probably be surprised at who it is and how close thy might be in the industry.

Ico

Icon Extra
8 May 2024
Visions of Mana probably, would be crazy if Kingdom Hearts or a new Yokotaro game got the spot tho

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Full 20 minutes presentation for Visions of Mana in Developer Direct + showcase so that means it's coming to Game Pass too (they denied OT2 would be on GP and it's there). We know we can ignore that game from now on. Thanks Square.

I actually expect to see FF16 and more. Kiryu made sure to modifiy all the contracts with Sony when he came in. He's a Microsoft plant.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
This is why Sony should buy a/these studios/publisher instead of constantly working with them and then them going with a competitor like Xbox.

And now that Xbox is going 3rd party after its Acquisitions, I bet everyone will expect and want Sony to do the same if they ever bought another Studio or ever buy a publisher again

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Who’s Kiryu?

What be the first time MS is accused of bribes and plants
The new CEO that was posing and holding hands with Phil Spencer.

Square was ignoring Xbox for years until he came in. His last comments with the shareholders makes me believe FF7R3 will be multiplat and the rest will be ported. You can modify any contract with enough pressure.

• sad
Reactions: Kokoloko

SuperPotato

1 Mar 2024
When can we start asking why Xbox a dying console now has a ton of exclusives and games announced

But Sony isn’t marketing or announcing anything

Who looks like the Console leader and who looks like the 3rd Party Publisher

It doesn’t make any sense

Who the third party is? The one who ports its own first party titles to other consoles.

Guess who it is?

TrishaCat

Veteran
17 May 2024
This is why Sony should buy a/these studios/publisher
You don't want this. Or at least, you shouldn't want this. Square Enix makes fantastic games and have a phenomenal output. Someone owning them would potentially affect their output as they'd then have to cater to Sony's wants, which may not always align with Square's wants. Additionally, it'd give Sony the power to shut down Square as a company. You down want game developers to be owned by other larger companies

• haha
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
You don't want this. Or at least, you shouldn't want this. Square Enix makes fantastic games and have a phenomenal output. Someone owning them would potentially affect their output as they'd then have to cater to Sony's wants, which may not always align with Square's wants. Additionally, it'd give Sony the power to shut down Square as a company. You down want game developers to be owned by other larger companies
I think Square neglects plenty of there IPs but I guess Sony does too.
Sony should get Konami though, Konami is not making the most of there games and I think Sony would do a better job with them

Reactions: Diah

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
The new CEO that was posing and holding hands with Phil Spencer.

Square was ignoring Xbox for years until he came in. His last comments with the shareholders makes me believe FF7R3 will be multiplat and the rest will be ported. You can modify any contract with enough pressure.
Sounds like a shill for sure.

But that would mean Square would break Sony’s contract so there would be implications right?