Star Wars Jedi: Survivor Coming To PS4 And Xbox One

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
F2eQ8xAXcAA0z2-

Star Wars Jedi: Survivor is headed to more platforms. During publisher Electronic Arts' earnings briefing, the company announced that developer Respawn is now in the "early stages" of bringing the Star Wars game to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

The announcement from Respawn and EA today about bringing Jedi: Survivor to older consoles probably came as a surprise to some. In February, game director Stig Asmussen told Play Magazine (via GameRant) that Respawn was skipping PS4/Xbox One so the company could take full advantage of the superior processors and memory of the PS5 and Xbox Series X|S compared to the PS4 and Xbox One. Asmussen said Respawn was hoping to achieve a "true new-gen experience" with Jedi: Survivor.

Respawn did not say when Jedi: Survivor might launch on PS4 and Xbox One or provide any further details on how this version of the game might be different from the PS5 and Xbox Series X|S edition.

Jedi: Survivor was not the first current-gen-only game from EA, as the company launched EA Sports PGA Tour only on PS5 and Xbox Series X|S earlier in April 2023.

Beyond the announcement of Jedi: Survivor for PS4 and Xbox One, Respawn said it is working on "additional performance improvements" for the existing PC, PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series X|S versions of Jedi: Survivor. Respawn said it continues to be a "top priority" for the team to release these improvements, and more information will be shared in due course.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
They can't be serious. That thing is going to run at 640x480 on the old consoles based on how demanding, sorry how unoptimized the game is.

Thief1987

23 Feb 2023
They can't be serious. That thing is going to run at 640x480 on the old consoles based on how demanding, sorry how unoptimized the game is.
It's demanding because of raytracing, get rid of it and it performs not much worse than the previous game.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
This gen... publisher just can't let go of last gen.

I feel like we are really missing that Uncharted 4 moment where a game just puts everything that came before it to shame and shows what is possible to do with the hardware.

I wonder if it's ever going to happen, pretty much all the best looking games so far were either crossgen or shown to be able to run on low end PCs.

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
This gen... publisher just can't let go of last gen.

I feel like we are really missing that Uncharted 4 moment where a game just puts everything that came before it to shame and shows what is possible to do with the hardware.

I wonder if it's ever going to happen, pretty much all the best looking games so far were either crossgen or shown to be able to run on low end PCs.
Diminshing returns.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Is the ps5 version solid 60 yet? In my backlog. Or is it a pipe dream?

Last edited: