Star Wars Jedi Survivor PC Performance is worse than TLOUS

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
In short, Jedi: Survivor not only joins the list of poorly optimized titles on PC, but it is one of the worst so far this year, much worse than The Last of Us Part I, since the latter in 4K at with the Ryzen 9 5950X and RTX 3080 Ti, it never went below 40 FPS, but the general average is 60, since in many parts it stays at 70-80 FPS. Broadly speaking, Jedi: Survivor is closer to Hogwarts Legacy optimization or The Callisto Protocol WITH ray tracing. While there is preloading of shaders, there is traversal stuttering (fixed stuttering when entering or leaving certain zones) and as I mentioned previously, the big issue with VRAM which will cause highly inconsistent frametime, remote texture popping and late loading or erratic of the same,

At 1080p with everything maxed out, the game can eat up to 11GB of VRAM in the most open spots, while the bottleneck in some graphics-heavy spots doesn't help either. To put it simply, if you don't want VRAM issues to play 1080p, you'll need a board with 12GB of VRAM, whereas 16GB would be ideal for 1440p and 4K (and I don't think more than 16GB will be required in the future, unless the game doesn't have DLSS 2 or FSR 2, both of which help reduce VRAM usage by 1-1.5GB). While it runs at 4K at 30 FPS and 1440p at 60 FPS on consoles, for its quality and performance mode respectively, on PC there will probably be a lot of complaints about its performance and Nvidia will once again be the focus of contention for lashing out on the game. amount of memory from mid-range motherboards like the RTX 3060 Ti and RTX 3070.

Summary:

• No DLSS Support since this is an AMD sponsored title.
  • VRAM issues plaguing even the 12GB 3080 Ti
  • Prolonged Stuttering/pop-in plentiful
  • Overusage of VRAM, spikes to 20GB

FextraLife says the game's performance on PC is really bad. Calls it abysmal. Does not recommend getting it on PC. Says XBox version is fine. Single digit dips through out the game's 20-25 hour campaign on a 3080Ti at 1440p high settings.

Source: https://www.pcmrace.com/2023/04/26/star-wars-jedi-survivor-review/

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Chicago Cubs GIF by MLB

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
PC is at an all time worst sadly while PS5 is about as good as any console ever looked when about to enter year 4.

I don't feel like buying anything on PC other than old games at this point.

ghostz

Banned
12 Apr 2023
not really. there is some minor issue. but nothing bad.

• Technical issues, especially on PS5 and PC, detract from the game's presentation
From the game spot review.

Not sure if they had access to the apparent day 1 patch tho.

Last edited:

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
This is PC, always has been, always will be. Specially when Sony is dominant and Japanese devs thrive....

When PC ambassadors like MS aren't blurring the lines or their influence wanes as they try to prop up the platform in all ways and means with their console plant (Xbox) all things fall back into normal. If Xbox goes the way of the doodoo aka out of the hardware market, it's gonna be PS2 era all over again, aka PC being a marginal side market for premium gaming. PC is daddy's MS heart and domain.

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Iyou guys think current gen consoles are flexing their IO muscles with current gen only games? Even Xbox which is inferior to PS5 has better IO than PCs.

Reactions: Bryank75

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
When people say theres nothing about consoles that is superior… well here it is. Harry Potter, RE4, now this.

Pey

Content Creator
29 Sep 2022
A video of mine with a Ryzen 9 5950X, 32GB RAM and RTX 3080 Ti. I will publish more in the channel today at 8 am pst.

Edit: I can't make them public until that time, sorry.

• Informative
Reactions: TubzGaming