Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantxx

25 Jul 2022
Sony be better doing the thanos meme
84310652.jpg

Hobbygaming

27 Jun 2022
Saber has shown to be consistently a borderline B tier studio, and their output attests to this. Could they pull a rabbit out of the hat like Blupoint? Kotor is way way more complex (development wise) of a game than Demon Souls, and expectations are even higher.
We have to put some respect on Bluepoint's name lol they would absolutely nail the KOTOR remake

coming uh oh GIF by PlayStation

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Saber has shown to be consistently a borderline B tier studio, and their output attests to this. Could they pull a rabbit out of the hat like Blupoint? Kotor is way way more complex (development wise) of a game than Demon Souls, and expectations are even higher.
Have you watched the documentary on Bluepoint and the work they did on Demons souls remake?

I think internally they can do it, but would Sony want them too is the question. They have two projects already.

Reactions: Hobbygaming

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
I was putting zero faith in this. Aspyr? Who had ever heard of that before this game got announced?

The original game looks absurdly dated and would require a major shake up as well.

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
I would give it to Guerrila. I absolutely don't want a new Horizon game. Horizon is clearly set as a trilogy tho... so chances are slim.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
It’s funny seeing no one mention BioWare as a contender for a remake.

This is probably for the best. It was always odd they were attached to the project to begin with.

I also don’t see a potential remake/reboot that won’t have Disney involved with keeping it sterile.

BigMclargeHuge

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Not encouraging. Hopefully it still comes out decent. I own the original on switch and it's combat is mediocre at best. A new version with a rehauled combat system could be neat.

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
The studio assigned to it has never done anything but mobile games. Clearly some bad decisions were made there.

Yea thought they had beefed up, since their older remaster days?

But pretty sure Saber interactive and another studio will make this or Lucas/Sony will pull out of the deal since its not shaping up to their standards. Which i would have to believe in in the contract.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Was pretty stupid of Sony or anyone who made this happen to get Aspyr to make a remake of one of the greatest games….

Not great management by Sony/Jim/Lucas arts, pretty dumb.

Plus it kinda shows there isnt that many games close to being ready if they had to show this mess.

Themaskedcrag

Cunning Linguist
13 Jul 2022
Sony have to be considering taking this in-house as one of their options, as it looks like what ever Aspyr showed them was not up to snuff. Would they ask BluePoint to shelf what they are doing to get on this? and would BluePoint want to?, after they have said how much they were looking forward to making original content again. Otherwise I feel their only option would be for Firesprite to help out Saber, as they are big enough to manage several projects at once.

Big Boss

26 Jul 2022
How do you mess up a remake so badly? All you have to do is update the graphics and gameplay. Leave the script intact.

Reactions: BloodMod
Status
Not open for further replies.