Star Wars Outlaws Ultimate Edition for $130 continues an industry trend of paying lofty sums for early access, and players don’t like it.

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
Did you guys not play Jedi Fallen Order or Jedi Survivor? Those games are amazing

No see my previous post. I don't get why they can't use legacy characters people actually like and know, fucking wild idea they should try sometime

Those Jedi games do look ok, just like this game does imo, but I actively dislike the world and characters they present now, and on top of that there is a corporate sheen on Star Wars now that wasn't there when I was a kid. It doesn't feel like a property that is primarily made with passion the way things did when I was a kid, and I don't think it's because I'm an adult now, I think it's because they have grossly mismanaged this property. I watched the trailer for one of those jedi games and I backed out before it finished, Vertigo is right Disney sucked the soul out of everything they purchased.

Last edited:

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
No see my previous post. I don't get why they can't use legacy characters people actually like and know, fucking wild idea they should try sometime

That game does look ok, just like this game does imo, but I actively dislike the world and characters they present now, and on top of that their is a corporate sheen on Star Wars now that wasn't there when I was a kid, it doesn't feel like a property that is primarily made with passion the way things did when I was a kid. I watched the trailer for one of those jedi games and I backed out before it finished, Vertigo is right Disney sucked the soul out of everything they purchased
They do use some legacy characters, they’re just not playable obviously. And I prefer original stories like this, we don’t need a remake of movies in game form. Hogwarts Legacy is an original story set in the HP universe and its 100x better than any other HP game. These games are clearly made by movie enthusiasts and not just Disney pawns like the movies.

Nym

21 Jun 2022
They do use some legacy characters, they’re just not playable obviously.

OBVIOUSLY. I mean who would enjoy that.

laugh-mock.gif

• sad
Reactions: JAHGamer

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
OBVIOUSLY. I mean who would enjoy that.

laugh-mock.gif

The Jedi games are just discount versions of Santa Monica’s God of War games. People love them tho. Im gonna stick with my forever boycott of Disney. What they did to Star Wars, destroying Vader’s story and lucasarts are crimes.

Nym

21 Jun 2022
The Jedi games are just discount versions of Santa Monica’s God of War games. People love them tho. Im gonna stick with my forever boycott of Disney. What they did to Star Wars, destroying Vader’s story and lucasarts are crimes.

Yeah I mean they do look serviceable but there are lots of things I can fill my free time with and even for free (it was a Plus game one month) I am just not interested in putting time into it. It baffles me why they just don't make a game with the big names people like. Who the fuck is Star Killer, who the fuck is Cal Kestis, who the fuck is....Kay Vess? Give me a goddamned Luke jedi game set between Empire and Return, or one of the Darths, or a HAN FUCKING SOLO smuggler game.

I'm not even boycotting Disney I'd happily pay for games and movies I want to see. They just don't provide those anymore.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
After the pass DD2 got for it's abysmal performance/mtx it's definitely selective outrage by folks. Starfield did the same thing?? You could get the upgraded edition with the season pass & early access for I believe a 100? At least this has what it seems proper space travel from planet through atmosphere. Forza Motorsport did the same stuff too, CoD does it yearly??

Yes outrageous prices especially the ultimate edition for some cosmetics and an artbook, then again we got so many deluxe editions with digital pre-order goodies, do I defend it no, but strange people are up on arms with this one.

like Nhomnohm said best chance I will ever play it is on PS+.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
After the pass DD2 got for it's abysmal performance/mtx it's definitely selective outrage by folks. Starfield did the same thing?? You could get the upgraded edition with the season pass & early access for I believe a 100? At least this has what it seems proper space travel from planet through atmosphere. Forza Motorsport did the same stuff too, CoD does it yearly??

Yes outrageous prices especially the ultimate edition for some cosmetics and an artbook, then again we got so many deluxe editions with digital pre-order goodies, do I defend it no, but strange people are up on arms with this one.

like Nhomnohm said best chance I will ever play it is on PS+.
Who is defending this garbage for 130$?

Reactions: Systemshock2023

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
two rules of ubisoft

never buy their games on launch day,wait three months

never buy dlc from ubisoft on launch day,by the time the released the dlc its gonna be a lot cheaper

thank me later

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
jedi survivor its a amazing game ,one of the best on this gen