Starfield discord Q and A Answers from earlier discord.

Nomen_Nescio

11 Aug 2023
To be frank, I am more curious about Starfield's impact on the Xbox discourse. Regarding the game, I just wonder if it is going to be the 'most polished Bethesda game ever' or if it is going to be another technical turd.
It's gonna be buggy af, i have no doubt. A game of this type and from this dev pretty much gurantees it, but bugs can be patched post release ( not ideal though). I am more interested in the core gameplay loop and mechanics and story. Also, exploring and side quests.

Reactions: Frozone

lupumSolitarius

8 Jul 2023
Will Shen: All of the playable factions can be completed independently.
The thing that annoys me the most about Bethesda Games. My actions with a faction should affect my standing with an opposed faction to the point of mission failure. Give me a reason to replay the game and make different decisions.

Most of the QA is fine. Meets my expectation of a Bethesda game.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
See?

clear as water.
Maybe I would change my mind if they had some unedited gameplay footage, but no, all we have is marketing promos and what they tell the media. Do we even know how the speech system works? Is it still 4 options like FO4, or have they reverted it to the FO3/Skyrim style where you have a list to chose from? Genuine question, I have no idea because besides this Q&A the last info I saw about this was the deep dive that was all edited gameplay.

I also don't know why people interpret the skepticism as being a "hater". Oblivion is one of my favourite games, Morrowind one of the greatest RPGs of all time. Skyrim, FO3. FO4 are a clear degradation in gameplay systems, but Bethesda has core gameplay elements that make for great games, I would be excited if it was a game to be excited for. But all the info points the other way IMO.

• thinking_hard

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
It's gonna be buggy af, i have no doubt. A game of this type and from this dev pretty much gurantees it, but bugs can be patched post release ( not ideal though). I am more interested in the core gameplay loop and mechanics and story. Also, exploring and side quests.
Yup. 100% agree.

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
A game in the 80s of this magnitude is OK in my book. 80s is a decent score for any game really.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
A game in the 80s of this magnitude is OK in my book. 80s is a decent score for any game really.
Bro 70 and up are good games. Idk wtf in the last ten years every one has to be focused and obsessed with 90 plus metas , shit is asanine. One of my favorite games of all time "Days Gone" is sitting at 71 (85 user score though) and one of the games I thought was boring and mediocre asf is sitting at 97 (BOTW).

Whats my game of the year so far? Remnant 2, fun asf with great combat and good co-op sitting at 81 and imo is better than 99.5% of the games that came out this year.

Last edited:

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Bro 70 and up are good games. Idk wtf in the last ten years every one has to be focused on 90 plus, shit is asanine. One of my favorite games of all time "Days Gone" is sitting at 71 (85 user score though) and one of the games I thought was boring and mediocre asf us sitting at 97 (BOTW).

Whats, my game of the year so far? Remnant 2 fun asf with great combat and good coops sitting at 81 and imo is better than 99.5% of the games that came out this year.
I have played lots of 7/10 games that are more interesting and fun than 9/10 games. For me bethesda games are boring AND they lack polish, but I know a lot of people like that style of game.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I have played lots of 7/10 games that are more interesting and fun than 9/10 games. For me bethesda games are boring AND they lack polish, but I know a lot of people like that style of game.
I feel the same about most Bethesda games. I hated Fallout 4!