Starfield has loading screens when entering buildings

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Sounds about right. I still wonder what they do with the sub service number tho. It’s everywhere.

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
Sounds about right. I still wonder what they do with the sub service number tho. It’s everywhere.

I think that number is 60 million played. He didn't really specify played or sold

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
I'll take a 1 sec loading screen to enter a unique building vs a 60 second wait time in a GaaS lobby for a game like fairgame$. When you actually make quality content some things can be excused. Star Wars Fallen Order has a "loading hallway" whenever you try to enter the bar.

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
I'll take a 1 sec loading screen to enter a unique building vs a 60 second wait time in a GaaS lobby for a game like fairgame$. When you actually make quality content some things can be excused. Star Wars Fallen Order has a "loading hallway" whenever you try to enter the bar.
What a stupid comparison lmfao
Loading an online is not the same walking in and out buildings. Loading in and out of buildings is shit. Doesn't matter how you trying to spin

Helios

Coolios
11 Jun 2023
What a stupid comparison lmfao
Loading an online is not the same walking in and out buildings. Loading in and out of buildings is shit. Doesn't matter how you trying to spin
I still remember the part in the beginning of fallout 4 where you are on the top floor with that settlement dude and raiders come out in the streets, so you need to go out onto the balcony and to my surprise even opening that single door in the same building had a loading screen. After that a glitch appeared where you have to get something from the bandit and it didn't appear so i had to use console command for that, then finally after putting up with all of that i reached the city and the framerate tanked hard no matter what i did it wouldn't touch 60. I put the game down soon after that

The point im trying to get across is that the more you waive off small things in these bad games the worse they will keep on getting

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
I keep harping about these devs pocketing all the money and investing little on their engines, and about standards for a reason. It's real, some are worse offenders than others but it's getting to a breaking point with this cross-gen shit + Series S holding back that you see it everywhere on these trailers and showcases. We're in year 3 and Horizon Forbidden West DLC is the best example of graphics this gen, PS5/Series or PC. Just think about that for a second.

Reactions: Deleted member 417

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
I still remember the part in the beginning of fallout 4 where you are on the top floor with that settlement dude and raiders come out in the streets, so you need to go out onto the balcony and to my surprise even opening that single door in the same building had a loading screen. After that a glitch appeared where you have to get something from the bandit and it didn't appear so i had to use console command for that, then finally after putting up with all of that i reached the city and the framerate tanked hard no matter what i did it wouldn't touch 60. I put the game down soon after that

The point im trying to get across is that the more you waive off small things in these bad games the worse they will keep on getting
Exactly

Reactions: PS_ROCKS
D

Deleted member 417

60 million is impressive, though it needs taking in context. The only game to compare it to would be GTA5

Skyrim is available across 3 generations, on a dozen or more platforms, receiving major updates with 4k and VR modes. It deserves the sales, largely because the mods fixed the bare-bones base game.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I hope you are enjoying Halo Infinite, Sea of Thieves, Forza Horizon, Grounded, Bleeding Edge, State of Decay, etc. You pretending MS is the answer to Sony investing on GaaS is pathetic.

Helios

Coolios
11 Jun 2023
I keep harping about these devs pocketing all the money and investing little on their engines, and about standards for a reason. It's real, some are worse offenders than others but it's getting to a breaking point with this cross-gen shit + Series S holding back that you see it everywhere on these trailers and showcases. We're in year 3 and Horizon Forbidden West DLC is the best example of graphics this gen, PS5/Series or PC. Just think about that for a second.
Sadly elden ring winning goty over gowr and hfw has proved to the gaming industry that old engines, reusing animations, low quality textures, capped framerate and bland empty open worlds still work and general public doesn't care, so as long as these games keep on selling well (starfield is also going to sell well judging by the steam sales) nothing is going to change

Helios

Coolios
11 Jun 2023
Doorgates all over again

I honestly could not care less about these details.
When you have people giving sony shit for putting masked loading screens i don't think its wrong to callout bethesda over putting actual loading screen for opening a fricking door, what is this resident evil 1?

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Box and PS_ROCKS

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
When you have people giving sony shit for putting masked loading screens i don't think its wrong to callout bethesda over putting actual loading screen for opening a fricking door, what is this resident evil 1?
Obviously, you are right, I'm not even sure how we stop that descent into madness these people bring in. The times I tried to give them the benefit of the doubt they always made me regret it.

Is it even an open world game is they have loading screens?

Helios

Coolios
11 Jun 2023
Obviously, you are right, I'm not even sure how we stop that descent into madness these people bring in. The times I tried to give them the benefit of the doubt they always made me regret it.

Is it even an open world game is they have loading screens?
I haven't played the demo yet but from what i've read ff16 seems to have almost no loading screens

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
one of my pet peeves about Diablo 4 atm is the loading screens every time you go into a cellar,

It's such a small little area with a 2-3 second loading time, why

Loading screens simply put, suck

Loading Downloading GIF

Last edited:

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
mongrel,we dont know nothing about fairgames yet,also if you thing you wont get repeated houses or assets on a bethesda game i havea bridge to sell to you

• brain
Reactions: SLB1904 and Ezekiel

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
Doorgates all over again

I honestly could not care less about these details.
the thing with starfield its some idiots are selling this a living universe with complex mechanics when is just the same old obliviion with a excellent coat of paint ( and thats not bad) its no elite dangerous or even no mans sky

Reactions: Box

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
one of my pet peeves about Diablo 4 atm is the loading screens every time you go into a cellar,

It's such a small little area with a 2-3 second loading time, why

Loading screens simply put, suck

Loading Downloading GIF
It's also such a poor use of current gen hardware.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Sircaw