Starfield is 4K/30 on Series X, 1440/30 on Series S

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States

“I think it'll come as no surprise, given our previous games, what we go for,” Howard said. “Always these huge, open worlds, fully dynamic, hyper detail where anything can happen. And we do want to do that. It's 4K in the X. It's 1440 on the S. We do lock it at 30, because we want that fidelity, we want all that stuff. We don't want to sacrifice any of it.

“Fortunately in this one, we've got it running great. It's often running way above that. Sometimes it's 60. But on the consoles, we do lock it because we prefer the consistency, where you're not even thinking about it.

Last edited:

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
1 Jul 2022
feels GIF

• Shake
Reactions: Bryank75

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I wonder if my computer will runs this stable. It should, but it's a Bethesda game.

• they're_right_you_know

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Very odd choice, but isn't that The standard for Bethesda games on consoles?

Sleepy Brown

Banned
5 Jul 2022
Horizon Forbidden West looks more visually impressive (and is also open-world) and that has a 60fps mode.
Disappointing.
But that's the Bethesda I know. Typical PC dev. Struggling with console ports.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Horizon Forbidden West looks more visually impressive (and is also open-world) and that has a 60fps mode.
Disappointing.

That excuse doesn’t cut it now.

Not with the PC architecture in ALL current consoles.

Heck they even have 1 less platform to port to.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Disappointing.

Their engine is shit, that's all. It's not about being a PC Dev, it's about not taking the time to develop a proper engine and relying on a modernised version of a 20 year old clunky piece of crap.

Sleepy Brown

Banned
5 Jul 2022
Their engine is shit, that's all. It's not about being a PC Dev, it's about not taking the time to develop a proper engine and relying on a modernised version of a 20 year old clunky piece of crap.
That too.
Bethesda and Bungie have this problem. Their engines suck.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
That too.
Bethesda and Bungie have this problem. Their engines suck.

First, why call Bungie here? This is about Bethesda.

Second, while hard to work and maybe substandard, Bugies engine provides butter smooth gameplay that's pretty gold standard for modern shooters. Starfield didn't show anything that's even close, nevermind above, of the standard set by No Man's Sky, the game it copies most of its mechanics, UI, and ideas from