Starfield Shattered Space is coming this fall, 60 FPS Mode also coming. |UP| May Update Adds Various QoL Features

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Todd Howard had a wide-ranging interview with Kinda Funny Games today and during it he announced that Starfield Shattered Space is coming this fall, as well as a smaller update for the title being announced later this week.​

Update 5/1

MEDIA=youtube]3ObHRMHtTMY[/MEDIA]​

- Map markers for easier navigation in cities
- New difficulty options
- More ship customization options
- Respec your starter-traits and ability to change appearance
- Working on First Land exploration vehicle
- Series X gets a 40hz Quality and 60hz Performance option

Vehicles and Better Quests are coming in later updates

Last edited by a moderator:

MScarpa

28 Jul 2022
FINALLY 60 FPS. Haven't really played Starfield much BECAUSE of the 30FPS.

mibu no ookami

21 Feb 2024
Will definitely be utilizing DRS here and my guess is this will be ported to PS5 and because of the timing will run at a higher resolution on PS5 Pro.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Will definitely be utilizing DRS here and my guess is this will be ported to PS5 and because of the timing will run at a higher resolution on PS5 Pro.

Thank thr Xbots for beta testing this game so Ps5 chads can enjoy the finished product

• haha
Reactions: Sunrise Ninja

mibu no ookami

21 Feb 2024
Thank thr Xbots for beta testing this game so Ps5 chads can enjoy the finished product

I mean it isn't going to perform well on PS5 either, but it might be enough for it to stop the bleeding a bit.

The game absolutely underperformed not only because it just wasn't a critically acclaimed game, but because of the nature of GamePass and PC GamePass.

Microsoft does need to be careful about the optics. It's clear that they aren't willing to blow up xbox even if it is dead. So, you wouldn't want to put this out as a PS5 Pro launch title or something.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
I mean it isn't going to perform well on PS5 either, but it might be enough for it to stop the bleeding a bit.

The game absolutely underperformed not only because it just wasn't a critically acclaimed game, but because of the nature of GamePass and PC GamePass.

Microsoft does need to be careful about the optics. It's clear that they aren't willing to blow up xbox even if it is dead. So, you wouldn't want to put this out as a PS5 Pro launch title or something.

It will eventually be sold for $5 like all bethesda games and then out on Ps plus anyways

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
Twice as many frames will definitely fix how boring, ugly and bland the game is.
At least it's coming to ps5

peter42O

Icon Extra
12 Jan 2024
60fps would be great even though I had no issues playing the game at 30fps. I care more about all the custom options like adjusting Mass, Vendor Credits, etc. and City Maps which is coming. Looking forward to seeing how all of it is implemented and the Shattered Space expansion which should get revealed at the Xbox showcase in June.

Reactions: Systemshock2023

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
60fps modes coming alongside ps5 launch. Good to know… I’ll be there when it happens.

Outer World’s struggles with 60 even with the upgrade to ps5. Erratic and with screen tearing the more you pull out FOV.

Last edited:

quest4441

27 Feb 2024
Maybe this time they will not forget to include the "Fun" part of a videogame but I doubt it, it's too much to expect as the game has to track and store thousands of potatoes and the paper clips.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly

KvallyX

Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
They can move it to 60fps, but the reduction in IQ is gonna make it look like an Atari game.

8-bit animation GIF

KvallyX

Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
That's buy editing a .ini file or something though isn't it , it's not an official option in the games menu
I don't have a PC, but it sounds like it is unlocked.

They got up to 80fps at 1440p. Doesn't mention anything about hacking. But very well could have been. That said 60fps won't make a boring game better anyway.