Starfield to release September 6th, 2023

24 Jun 2022
There's still game pass branding on the xbox pages for the game, so I don't really know what you're trying to say here lol.

It's not like they dropped the game pass branding from the games marketing.

You kinda proved my point.

Nah it'll definitely be on gamepass. I'm not questioning that. I'm just wondering if Microsoft intends to pivot away from being all-in on gamepass and have it be supplemental. They really need starfield to be a mega hit or I think they're kinda screwed.

Yeah, this is what I was thinking, too. It's probably still coming to Game Pass Day 1 but they are likely not going to push Game Pass advertising in the big trailers or main even showcases. As long as the advertising's still in the service itself then they aren't doing anything legally wrong.

They really, really need Starfield to be a big revenue generator and they know Game Pass can hurt that, especially if they plaster promotion for it everywhere. So they're probably going to limit its mention outside of stuff like blog posts and small showcases that barely get any views, and the app itself.

Might do the same thing with Forza Motorsport, too. Don't think they care too much about RedFall being a revenue generator so they'll keep mentioning Game Pass whenever they show that one off.

Reactions: Deleted member 417

TheLastOfSnatcher

6 Feb 2023
What's the infatuation with MS announcing dates for reveals months ahead of time?

They always do that! I get some thought SF announcement was imminent (well it was lol) but this is just sad IMO.

I rather MS take a page from Sony or Nintendo, and just annouce a show 2 days or so before the stream date.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022

It's mentioned on the official website, just not in the trailer. The showcase and starfield direct is probably gonna be full of game pass banners as one would expect

I was looking for that link yesterday to debunk the "no gamepass" thing. Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: adamsapple

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I thought the previous release date was H1 2023. Seems they delayed it again. Let's hope this helps them further polish the game and helps Bethesda to have this time a polished release in console.

Didn't someone here leaked the delay?
Not sure, typically the fake Xbox exclusive release date leaks are too optimistic, like when saying that Hellblade II was/is supposed to be released in 2022 or 2023.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
Didn't someone here leaked the delay?

Pretty much everyone was in unanimous agreement that there's no way this was gonna be shadowdropped or release in March or some unrealistic shit like that. Summer was most people's guess and the first week of September is just 1 week shy of when Summer ends, so it's not a big delay from the projected one.

Reactions: Angie

Angie

Forum Veteran
5 Jul 2022
Pretty much everyone was in unanimous agreement that there's no way this was gonna be shadowdropped or release in March or some unrealistic shit like that. Summer was most people's guess and the first week of September is just 1 week shy of when Summer ends, so it's not a big delay from the projected one.
It's not that.

• Informative

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
The trailer barely has a million views after a day.

That’s what happens when you leave out a 100M selling platform.
That's something I noticed too. The fake hype in places like GAF/Era is extremely high but then you watch the views and it's always low.

700,000 for Starfield and that's supposed to be the biggest game ever. 67k for the last Redfall trailer. Pitiful.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Whats the over under on the reaction to the date? September seems like a good date on paper but microsfot has nothing but redfall leading up to it and i dont think redfall is going to move the needle or build any momentum for them.

D

Deleted member 417

Whats the over under on the reaction to the date? September seems like a good date on paper but microsfot has nothing but redfall leading up to it and i dont think redfall is going to move the needle or build any momentum for them.
If not delayed, it will be shipped in episodic content. First part of the game in September, then october then november.

Or it will launch incomplete, dressed up as complete, with the missing parts been sold back as 'free dlc'.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
At this point in time, can we honestly put any faith in that date anyway? I wouldn’t be shocked to see a slip to November, or into 2024.

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know