Starting to feel like Xbox Gamepass and Playstation Plus are pretty on par

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
these services are complete wastes of time. anyone worth their weight just buys what they want to play one at a time.

seriously if you have to depend on one of these subsidy services, i'd say just quit gaming. your time and money is better spent elsewhere.

get your finances in order or cut down on playtime and actually plan what you want to buy. Nobody needs Lawn simulator, paint simulator, or washing simulator.

this is getting to the point of insanity.

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
I love the pressure that Gamepass puts on games, they had nothing for 2022 so now they'll get Starfield out of the door in 2023 no matter what even if it is in that sorry state shown in the trailer. I also have no idea of how much growth in subscription they expect to gain from a single game. Once that game is out it's back to waiting years and years for something relevant again, Forza, Gears or a bunch of AA games ain't going to cut it.

Reactions: Ezekiel

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
PS+ is significantly better than Gamepass.
  1. PS Extra ($100 per year) is 44% cheaper in cost than Gamepass Ultimate ($180 per year).
  2. PS Extra has better and newer AAA titles: RDR 2, Ghost of Tsushima, Returnal, Spider-Man, Miles Morales, God of War, Monster Hunter World, etc.
  3. PS+ Essential offers infinitely better games than XBLG. Just look at this month.
  4. PS+ has more games than Gamepass.
Gamepass only has two benefits over PS+:
  1. Downloadable BC games. But the overwhelming majority of gamers prefer newer games over older games.
  2. Day one first-party releases. But there haven't been any, so it's nullified automatically. Even at the best of times, Xbox plans to release one first-party game per quarter and release it on Gamepass on day one. 4 games per year aren't going to be enough to make the difference.

So:
  • Quantity? PS Plus ✅
  • Quality? PS Plus ✅
  • Cost-effective? PS Plus ✅

Banjo64

1 Aug 2022
It’s not on par. Sony have already eclipsed Microsoft’s offering.

Extra vs Game Pass Ultimate is a wipe out in Sony’s favour.

But even Essential has had a better year than Game Pass Ultimate. Tony Hawks and Crash 4 are better games than anything that’s been on Game Pass all year.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Gamepass doesn't have Knack so it failed.
Another one with the Knack jokes
No Way Reaction GIF

Last edited:
  • fire
Reactions: Papacheeks

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
Excuse me sir gamepass is only $1
Shiit, did I really pay just 33.3p a year for 3 years? And yet I still feel jipped. I did that, but it's not been closed years later, it's a wink and a nod for their engagement numbers. That doesn't mean their content offerings should be crap, they're still asking the uninformed consumer to pay GP's real monthly cost.

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022

It warms my hearth to see the comments sections full of Xbox users trying to come up with excuses, saying PS+ only has last gen games. Xbox Series doesn't even have any current gen only game outside of flight simulator... wtf are they even talking about? PS+ at least has Demon's Souls and Returnal both newer games than Flight Simulator.

The best comment is one guy saying Gamepass is better because you can get it for free. :LOL:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
It warms my hearth to see the comments sections full of Xbox users trying to come up with excuses, saying PS+ only has last gen games. Xbox Series doesn't even have any current gen only game outside of flight simulator... wtf are they even talking about? PS+ at least hast Demon's Souls and Returnal both newer games than Flight Simulator.

The best comment is one guy saying Gamepass is better because you can get it for free. :LOL:

Discuss Los Angeles Lakers GIF by Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
It warms my hearth to see the comments sections full of Xbox users trying to come up with excuses, saying PS+ only has last gen games. Xbox Series doesn't even have any current gen only game outside of flight simulator... wtf are they even talking about? PS+ at least hast Demon's Souls and Returnal both newer games than Flight Simulator.

Exactly. Well said.

It's not like Gamepass is drowning with current-gen exclusives. PS Plus still has more current-gen games than Gamepass. It also has more last-gen games than Gamepass.

P

peter42O

Barring a delay to 2023, Game Pass will win 2022 for me due to the service getting A Plague Tale Requiem day one while PlayStation Plus has nothing for me as of now. All the rest on both sides is simply irrelevant and non-existent to me because A) I already played and completed what I wanted to and B) the rest of the games are of no interest to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.