State of Play returns tomorrow, September 13

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
7b000cb305261d997beb10745264305b03abc982.jpg

With Tokyo Game Show just around the corner, it’s almost time to celebrate the amazing creative contributions of the Japanese game development community. And it’s also a perfect time to kick off another State of Play.

State of Play returns tomorrow, Tuesday, September 13, with a new live broadcast at 3:00pm Pacific Time / 6:00pm Eastern Time / 11:00pm BST. You can watch it live on Twitch and YouTube.

For tomorrow’s show, we’ll have some great updates from our amazing Japanese partners, along with a few other surprises from developers all around the world.

Expect about ~20 minutes of reveals, new updates and fresh gameplay footage for 10 games coming to PS5, PS4, and PS VR2.

See you tomorrow!

P

peter42O

No lies, not what I was hoping for but I guess it's better than nothing. Going in with low expectations and hoping I get surprised. If anything, im just hoping to see if Crisis Core is on this SOP and gets a release date. Want to know if it's late 2022 or early 2023.

Reactions: Bryank75

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Gimme new titles please. Some new games from 1st party and some 3rd party exclusives.
Please not so many repeats like with Kena, Deathloop, Ghostwire etc

Reactions: toadsage44

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Boom.

Seems like a good show.

"~20 minutes of reveals, new updates and fresh gameplay footage for 10 games coming to PS5, PS4, and PS VR2."

Are they talking about 10 games where there is reveals, new updates and fresh gameplay?
Or are they talking about reveals, new updates outside the 10 footage?

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Boom.

Seems like a good show.

"~20 minutes of reveals, new updates and fresh gameplay footage for 10 games coming to PS5, PS4, and PS VR2."

Are they talking about 10 games where there is reveals, new updates and fresh gameplay?

Yeah that would be really shit for a total of 20 minutes. There getting shorter and shorter

D

Deleted member 13

I better see some cool stuffs there, and specially not some PC porting news.
That's exactly what I'm thinking they will do. Put out a trailer for Uncharted Legacy with a release date and perhaps the next PC port to be released.

24 Jun 2022
Awesome! With Nintendo dropping their news earlier today I actually dashed any hopes Sony would announce a show this week let alone tomorrow, but here we are. It's not a Showcase, but if they're ditching the Showcase for a PlayStation Experience I don't think anyone would be upset.

Heck, if it's just going to be more State of Plays as long as they're at least to the level of the Harry Potter & June SOP ones (preferably better of course, but those should be the baseline), I don't think most people will be upset. Looking forward to this and the Nintendo Direct.

That's exactly what I'm thinking they will do. Put out a trailer for Uncharted Legacy and perhaps the next PC port to be released.

Given the propensity of PC news they've already had over the past three months I don't think it'd be wise to throw in another PC port announcement unless it's offset with a showing for a new big 1P or 3P AAA exclusive.

After all, it's the PS console owners who are the brand's core demographic. Gotta make sure they eat the best, it is what it is.

But in terms of what the next PC port could actually be, I'm guessing it's either Returnal or Sackboy: A Big Adventure. Or they could just not announce a new port and show off some enhancements for Mile Morale's PC port which has already been announced.

Boom.

Seems like a good show.

Probably the former. Also I'm hoping it's longer than 20 minutes, didn't they do one that was 40 minutes? I wouldn't mind that provided there's enough to fill the time.

30 minutes should be the minimum at least. 20 minutes makes me think of modern TV shows where it feels like half the running time are for dead air ads.

Last edited: