State of Play returns tomorrow, September 13

D

Deleted member 13

Awesome! With Nintendo dropping their news earlier today I actually dashed any hopes Sony would announce a show this week let alone tomorrow, but here we are. It's not a Showcase, but if they're ditching the Showcase for a PlayStation Experience I don't think anyone would be upset.

Heck, if it's just going to be more State of Plays as long as they're at least to the level of the Harry Potter & June SOP ones (preferably better of course, but those should be the baseline), I don't think most people will be upset. Looking forward to this and the Nintendo Direct.
Agreed. It will be good to have something for a dry year.

SSfox

Enter The Fox
21 Jun 2022
Shadow Moses
That's exactly what I'm thinking they will do. Put out a trailer for Uncharted Legacy with a release date and perhaps the next PC port to be released.
WeakLankyBighornsheep-max-1mb.gif

They better not waste my and all playstation fans time with this BS, or this will be the last SOP i would tune to.

24 Jun 2022
The idea no PlayStation fans like and want more PC ports is nonsense friend-o.

Well of course there are PS fans who want more PC ports but among the core fanbase I'd bet most of them are either indifferent or don't want them. Those come with caveats of course.

Like example, if there are enough announcements clearly aimed and dedicated at the hardcore/core PlayStation fans that prioritize PS clearly or exclusively. Then having an older game or two get a PC port announcement doesn't really come off as bothersome.

But yeah it's ultimately about getting that right balance of appealing to new people outside the traditional ecosystem (PC, soon mobile) and appeasing those who are already in the traditional ecosystem (console owners). It's not a literal balance though, I don't think it ever can be with a brand so closely tied to console as PlayStation.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I don't think they will show any new PC port imo.
Unless they show something about Miles Morales, Uncharted 4 or TLOU for PC... that I think it is not their plan with that show.
For this year they are done I believe.

Probably they will announce new PC ports in January-February to release in new FY starting in April.

Said that they have 8 first-party PS5 exclusives games to this FY... aka PSVR2 titles.
Seems a lot but it is basically the launch line up.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
I wonder if it’s possible that monster hunter rise gets a PlayStation port?

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
It won't.

Monster Hunter World sequel will probably be announced to consoles but I don't think it will be tomorrow.
Capcom always had two Monster Hunter branches... World is the console... Rise is the well portable.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
20 Minutes of Forsaken is incoming, FFS, my spell checker tried to write in foreskin instead of Forsaken lol.

I am declining to put a gif in now.

DynamiteCop

Banned
2 Jul 2022
A couple PC announcements without a doubt. I'm betting on Ghost of Tsushima and Ratchet & Clank.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I think it will just be an Uncharted LoT Collection release date announcement.
I forgot the Uncharted 4 doesn't have an official date yet... pretty sure it is the PC news tomorrow... I posted no PC related news because I thought the date was already set but it was just leaked.

P

peter42O

Ragnarok is one of the gameplay games for sure.
Reviewers received the version today.
Wait, what? No way reviewers got their codes for Ragnarok two months in advance. Two weeks sure.

Topic Creator should add a poll if any first party games show up and if so, would any of them include a PC port announcement and/or PC release date announcement.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Wait, what? No way reviewers got their codes for Ragnarok two months in advance. Two weeks sure.

Topic Creator should add a poll if any first party games show up and if so, would any of them include a PC port announcement and/or PC release date announcement.
Is this fake?

Edit - Seems like it just the preorder Japanese promo box... it is empty... but hey it is the official cover.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I think we'll see a couple of new PSVR2 games (maybe one of them being GT7) and that the rest will be already known games. I see a few Capcom already announced games, Forspoken, GoWR and the announcement of a handful PSVR2 games. Plus maybe the Uncharted PC release date and a Morales PC trailer, even if I'd personally keep the PC ports outside the State of Play shows (I think blog post and youtube trailer is enought for PC) and I'd focus SoPs on PS releases only.

A couple PC announcements without a doubt. I'm betting on Ghost of Tsushima and Ratchet & Clank.
No., Sony said they won't release more PC ports this fiscal year other than the already announced ones. This fiscal year they'll relelease the Spidermans and Uncharted only. And the first one for the next fiscal year seems it's going to be TLOUP1.

No, Nintendo paid for it. PlayStation will get the next mainline Monster Hunster instead later in the road, but it's too early to announce it.

Jimmy holding on those first party games to eventually announce them for PS + PC
Sony said multiple times PS Studios won't release their games day one. And specifically told you with a drawing that during the current fiscal year and during the one that ends in 2026 there will be a total of zero PS+PC releases.

Last edited: