Steam has removed Helldivers 2 from the store in countries without official PSN support

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Safe to say Sony isnt backing out on this decision
of course not, the whole point they're releasing games on PC is to increase Monthly Active PlayStation Users, this account link enforcement should've been there day one on Helldivers 2, it was partly Arrowhead's fault, i guess in the end no one could predict this game would be such massive success

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Neversummer

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
Sony ain’t backing down simply due to the fact that it is likely they are going to release a PlayStation launcher for PC. Can’t have a launcher without having an account. I’m just waiting for the new wave of crying from these PC weirdos over another free launcher. We all know they’re gonna cry about a PS launcher.

• they're_right_you_know

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
150 of those countries, the daily average wage is less than 10$. I don't know about you but growing MAU in 3rd world doesn't seem the way to go
if a much smaller country in Valve can do it then Sony can

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
150 of those countries, the daily average wage is less than 10$. I don't know about you but growing MAU in 3rd world doesn't seem the way to go
Why TF are there so many countries without PSN if Sony want to grow MAU? Are they stupid?
How does it work for Capcom, EA, COD, Mihoyo, etc? They have to support every country on planet earth when they sign up for an account?

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
How does it work for Capcom, EA, COD, Mihoyo, etc? They have to support every country on planet earth when they sign up for an account?
Sony don't have to do anything. They just need the country name on the list and Steam takes care of any customer service issues. Make it clear certain countries can have an account but not a PS Store or they get directed to closest region with a PS Store

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Sony don't have to do anything. They just need the country name on the list and Steam takes care of any customer service issues. Make it clear certain countries can have an account but not a PS Store or they get directed to closest region with a PS Store
It should take 5 minutes to update that country list.

Delisting and refunding for something that will go in effect in June is like the nuclear option. There must be something we're missing because it makes no sense.

• thinking_hard

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Even Nintendo does this. No need for a store of "official" support there. Just make the countries available on the list while creating an account. Easy fix.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Even Nintendo does this. No need for a store of "official" support there. Just make the countries available on the list while creating an account. Easy fix.
You got your wish. I'm sure the people in Barbados, Benin and Aruba are very grateful for your fight 🤣

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Hahahaha I love it. Steamlickers thought Sony would back down but they've just blocked access from those who can't satisfy the day 1 requirements for the title - there's no way they won't get a refund, so they'll be made whole while the losers complaining about it in the first place eat another L.

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
i added that clown to ignore so I didn't see that thread
I have achieved my purpose in life. JAHGamer has added me to the clowns list.

Dance Party Dancing GIF

• thisistheway
Reactions: xollowsob

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Because they're tiny markets. I can't speak for African markets but I can for a few eastern European ones. Living standards too low, luxury items, such as tech, costs more than in EU countries. So you end up with consoles costing more than an average monthly salary. Same goes for TVs or any sort of tech.

It's why PC gaming is so popular there. Most people have shitty PC they use for work or school, so they play on that. It's why the AAA market doesn't exist there. Most can't run these games. But piracy laws aren't enforced, so people can download whatever they want.

When people say these countries aren't supported, they mean that you can't even make an account by selecting your country. They're not on the list. But I don't see what's stopping Sony from doing what Nintendo did. Add those countries to the list, have them be available to make an account but no actual PS store there. That's what Nintendo does for countries not supported by them.

OP
OP
anonpuffs

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Because they're tiny markets. I can't speak for African markets but I can for a few eastern European ones. Living standards too low, luxury items, such as tech, costs more than in EU countries. So you end up with consoles costing more than an average monthly salary. Same goes for TVs or any sort of tech.

It's why PC gaming is so popular there. Most people have shitty PC they use for work or school, so they play on that. It's why the AAA market doesn't exist there. Most can't run these games. But piracy laws aren't enforced, so people can download whatever they want.

When people say these countries aren't supported, they mean that you can't even make an account by selecting your country. They're not on the list. But I don't see what's stopping Sony from doing what Nintendo did. Add those countries to the list, have them be available to make an account but no actual PS store there. That's what Nintendo does for countries not supported by them.
Exactly. There is basically zero cost for Sony to allow account registrations in every country. If the concern is unwillingness to provide local customer support avenues, then you can always force the smaller countries to use regional custserv resources.

Playstation really feels like it's run on a shoestring budget by amateurs.

Neversummer

27 Jun 2023
Once again to emphasize, Sony could have handled it better wherein they should never have given a no name game dev like Arrowhead so much leeway by making PSN id optional in the beginning to help alleviate the server issues, they got gifted with a knife in the back for it. There should be no negotiating and giving in to terrorists. The nuclear option is the best option to take in this case, steam users are not premium customers and should be treated as the second class customers they are.
This is where Arrowhead ultimately fucked up. Being nice & giving PC gamers a chance PSN requirements should’ve never been temporarily disabled. Arrowhead should’ve said fuck it the servers are cap out servers are cap out just wait a couple of weeks.

Also the devs speaking so much instead of staying quiet. The discord mods talking so much out of emotion should honestly be fired this isn’t the first time there was some controversy with the discord mod.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
This is where Arrowhead ultimately fucked up. Being nice & giving PC gamers a chance PSN requirements should’ve never been temporarily disabled. Arrowhead should’ve said fuck it the servers are cap out servers are cap out just wait a couple of weeks.

Also the devs speaking so much instead of staying quiet. The discord mods talking so much out of emotion should honestly be fired this isn’t the first time there was some controversy with the discord mod.

This is exactly why this has happened.

They literally pulled their pants down for these guys.

You saw the CEO reacting to the review bombing on twitter and many others joined the bandwagon.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Meh this was a lose lose thing from the start if Sony did not launch the game in the unsupported PSN regions for steam then the PC masterbaiters would still bitch about how they cannot play the game, they bitch about the regional pricing too every game release. The ones from turkey, argentina and russia are the most egregious always bitching about game prices as if games are social welfare