Helldivers 2 will require Steam players to sign in with PSN account, led to review bombing games & refunds. |UP| Gamers organizing to revert reviews.

klomzi

8 Mar 2024
if i were sony, i wouldn't give money back to steam, or would demand 40$(-30%) anyways.

Would probably be against any agreement devs/pubs signs when releasing something on Steam. So nothing Sony can do about it.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Bro come on we dont need to make a new thread everytime theres helldivers 2 pc player outrage

Just merge it all into one existing thread

I dont want to see 100 thread here about pc gamer complained about heldivers 2
This

Shadow2027

15 Dec 2023
Dont release games on PC as see people play game and then get refund leading to no revenue. They have 132 mil MAU and have less than 1/3rd of the revenue of PS with little spend coming through

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
No, a company doesn't operate on feelings. Sony just screwed up, which will result in the game losing a lot of players and a massive refund wave. They should have taken the "loss" on this one and started the PSN requirements from Ghost of Tsushima. A much better solution than losing money AND finding yourself in an astroturfed shitstorm of your own doing.

@thicc_girls_are_teh_best

It's Sony. Don't think they think that far ahead or at that capacity. This was most likely a decision by some paper pusher who doesn't know the industry, just so he could see some MAU numbers grow.
not about feelings at all, Sony have their own refund policies and they're COMPLETELY different than Valve's, if these PC guys mass refund the game they played for 100+ hours, it'll hurt Sony's bottomline badly and make them not want to publish games on a platform that allows these type of refunds

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Neversummer

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
not about feelings at all, Sony have their own refund policies and they're COMPLETELY different than Valve's, if these PC guys mass refund the game they played for 100+ hours, it'll hurt Sony's bottomline badly and make them not want to publish games on a platform that allows these type of refunds
it can also hurt their bottom line on Console, people could start to demand the same on Playstation.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Neversummer

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Clearly is an exception, when I tried to refund HZD on launch day just with 2.5 hs, I was denied. And a lot of that time was spent building shaders...
Was able to properly play the game 6 months later.

Clearly Sony has a lot to learn. Growing pains for their first big online game outside of the comfort walled garden. Things are much harder on gamings premier league.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Sony is the only publisher that started forcing this AFTER they sold the game to people

What fucking difference does it make?

I swear this is the dumbest fucking “issue” I’ve ever seen. Sony really needs to rethink their pc strategy moving forward because most of this is just pure trolling.

Or make their own launcher outside of steam and let people play their games there if they want or just live with not playing them

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Clearly is an exception, when I tried to refund HZD on launch day just with 2.5 hs, I was denied. And a lot of that time was spent building shaders...
Was able to properly play the game 6 months later.

Clearly Sony has a lot to learn.
if by "learn" you mean developing their games with PC in mind, you would get even worse quality in the games

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Didn't lie, never logged into SF6, I guess my Steam ID was linked to CapCom long time ago and that it it automatically.

And you still need to stop insulting people and being toxic.
The point is you still did it without flinching because it's standard across the industry.

Sony is now getting the biggest pushback ever because PC is seen as Valve and Microsoft territory and you just can't deal with the fact that you have to create a Playstation account to play a Sony game.

You all spent your lives hating on Sony and their games and now you're playing them (begging for them even). Making a PSN account is too far.

Sony will never be accepted on PC. This PR nightmare is all self-inflicted.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
The point is you still did it without flinching because it's standard across the industry.

Sony is now getting the biggest pushback ever because PC is seen as Valve and Microsoft territory and you just can't deal with the fact that you have to create a Playstation account to play a Sony game.

You all spent your lives hating on Sony and their games and now you're playing them (begging for them even). Making a PSN account is too far.

Sony will never be accepted on PC. This PR nightmare is all self-inflicted.

They lived in some state of delusion that when games are published on steam they no longer belong to sony or sie or something.

If you have no problem registering for a microsoft/msn, capcom, ubi, ea account i don’t really want to hear it. This is just some weird bandwagon shit for most people or people looking to get money back after already putting dozens of hours into the game.

Again, sony need to fast track their launcher and pull their shit off steam. If people don’t want to be a part of PlayStation’s eco system they shouldn’t play playstation games

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
They lived in some state of delusion that when games are published on steam they no longer belong to sony or sie or something.

If you have no problem registering for a microsoft/msn, capcom, ubi, ea account i don’t really want to hear it. This is just some weird bandwagon shit for most people or people looking to get money back after already putting dozens of hours into the game.

Again, sony need to fast track their launcher and pull their shit off steam. If people don’t want to be a part of PlayStation’s eco system they shouldn’t play playstation games
Yeah like where the fuck was this outrage when Microsoft put a paywall on online multiplayer for consoles

Reactions: Bo_Hazem

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
if by "learn" you mean developing their games with PC in mind, you would get even worse quality in the games

By learn I mean not releasing broken software at launch like HZD or last of us. And to avoid misunderstandings like this one. That's bad PR on a game that has been a home run for them.

Neversummer

27 Jun 2023

it's over, Sony will cut ties with Steam for sure and make their games exclusive to their launcher, this would NEVER happen on PSN, they're literally stealling the company, they played the game for way more than 2 hours and are getting refunds

Hopefully this is a wake up call for Sony.

You don’t own Steam

You lost the 1 thing that makes your console sells that being (exclusive tenpole games) the only thing that makes your platform & storefront defacto just to drop your wall garden down & focus on PC (Steam) a platform & storefront that is a direct competitor to PS & your then making it stronger making PC a better platform then PS own console. A PC player is not a PS player PC players don’t care about PS expanding your games to PC doesn’t convert a PC player to buy or invest in your own hardware/storefront nor it makes them invested in the franchise long term.

I’ve seen many PC players say don’t buy a PS console or any PS game & they’ll now only get Sony games when they get ported on PC where they can get it in deep discount.

VillaiN

10 Feb 2023
Sony s company run by bonafide idiots.

Instead of cutting ties th3y ll try even harder after every pc port was flop, except hd2. Even that seems like shitshow.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Yeah like where the fuck was this outrage when Microsoft put a paywall on online multiplayer for consoles

there’s a lot of coordinated attacks going on in gaming right now with certain twitter groups im noticing. They are only going to feel more empowered by this especially if sony gives in.

They’re already talking about doing it to ghost of tsushima

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Neversummer

27 Jun 2023
Valve fanboys think they'll get Sony to revert this, they'll end up having all of Sony's games delisted from Steam with this fake outrage nonsense 🤡
Sony should force all of there games to sign into a PSN then delist all of there games mainly singleplayer games off of Steam & people who sign into a PSN can get there games on a PS PC launcher by signing & filing a ticket to prove you own the game before on PC

Steam refunding a game 4 month after is pretty crazy. Especially when there refund policy is 2 hours & there seemily refunding the game for no reason, since the game always required a PSN & Sony will have work around for countries not mention to be selected while creating a PSN

Valorant & League of legend are exclusive to Riot launcher don’t know why PS would bend the knee to PC instead of having a PS PC launcher & making all of these games exclusive. Hopefully they know now that they don’t own Steam & can’t do shit Sony doesn’t have control this is why you don’t kill or diminish your own platform & storefront to seek expansion on direct competitor that other platform that doesn’t care about PS. Sony been so short sighted this gen instead of looking long term

Last edited:
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Sony need their own pc store front with their own rules.

Being a huge platform holder and plying by valves rules is a recipe for disaster. Even if you only make 20% of what you would make on steam you get 100% of the profits and dont run the risk of pr disasters every release